More than 500 volunteers take part in KBB Marine Clean-up
The Islands shores are cleaner after the weekend, courtesy of the Keep Bermuda Beautiful (KBB) annual Marine Clean-Up.
There were 25 locations around Bermuda targeted by beach walkers, swimmers, snorkellers and divers, with the Bermuda Sub-Aqua Club hauling a booty of bottles from Mangrove Bay.
Aside from bottles and cans, the divers took clothing, sunglasses, keys and plastic from the water.
Saturdays event coincided with Ocean Conservancys International Coastal Clean-Up, organised every September.
A record number of corporate groups chipped in this year, according to KBB director Anne Hyde.
About 600 volunteers tackled parks and roads, along with beaches and the cruise ship area of Dockyard.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive