Walkers raise more than $30,000 for charities
Walkers raised more than $30,000 for charity at a single event last month.
A total of 1,235 people walked five kilometres on behalf of charities representing myriad causes.
The $33,740 raised and the 118 charities that benefitted represented all-time highs for the Argus Walks the Walk with the Centre on Philanthropy, now in its fourth year.
Argus CEO Alison Hill said: Argus Walks the Walk touches charities all over the Island. It is also a great event for mobilising members of the public to give something back to the community and generate positivity in Bermuda.
Participants chose a specific charity to receive their entry fees, $5 of which was donated to www.volunteer.bm, a website run by the Centre on Philanthropy.
The following charities generated the most support during the February 24 event:
- PALS had 63 walkers
- North Village Community Club had 43 walkers
- Tomorrows Voices had 39 walkers
- Bermuda Heart Foundation had 38 walkers
- Bermuda Volleyball Association had 37 walkers
- SCARS - Saving Children and Revealing Secrets had 37 walkers
- Bermuda Cancer & Health Centre had 33
- WindReach Bermuda had 32 walkers
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc Bermuda Alumnae Chapter had 31 walkers
- Bermuda SPCA had 30 walkers
- West Pembroke Primary PTA had 30 walkers
- Warwick Academy Foundation had 28 walkers
Danielle Riviere of The Centre on Philanthropy thanked the walkers and the Argus Group for their support.
Your money’s not good here – locals only
Builders eye pay rates for trades
Belco ordered to pay back solar users
Caddy Shack Grill opens at Fun Golf
Jones refuses to walk after first-ball duck
Experts: we face hard choices on pensions
Cryptominers dig deeper as bitcoin sinks
Take Our Poll
- "Cup Match 2018 is in the record books. Who is your favourite for MVP?"
- Onias Bascome (StG)
- Chris Douglas (SCC)
- Terryn Fray (SCC)
- Stephen Outerbridge (SCC)
- Dion Stovell (SCC
- Total Votes: 1869
- Poll Archive