Filipinos unite to clean up Astwood Park
Keep Bermuda Beautiful (KBB) got a helping hand from the Association of Filipinos in Bermuda — and Warwicks Astwood Park is the better for it.
The group gathered 56 bags of beer bottles, plastic bottles and other litter from the South Shore beauty spot.
The Association, a registered charity, has adopted the park as an area to clean up on a regular basis.
The Sunday initiative saw KBB executive director Anne Hyde give a short talk on the impact of trash on Bermudas natural environment.
Useful website: www.kbb.bm.
Burt blasts OBA pessimism
Wells heads Bermuda to famous victory
Boat driver ‘not convicted’ of causing death
Wells rises to the occasion
Proud day in London as Duffy gets OBE medal
OBA wants action on ‘flatlining economy’
Borrowing money to pay for borrowing money
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive