Tota wins on amateur debut
Controversy Gym’s boxers had mixed fortunes at the Dover Boxing Club Annual Slugfest in New Jersey at the weekend.
Lovintz Tota claimed a unanimous decision victory on his amateur debut in the middleweight division, while Adrian Roach suffered a split-decision loss in his welterweight bout.
Roach, 16, whose has three victories from five fights, won his previous overseas bout at the Frank Gervin Memorial in Florida in March.
Tota, 33, is a Devonshire Cougars footballer and shares the national junior long jump record of 7.68 metres with Mike Sharpe,
Robert Somner, a Controversy Gym coach, accompanied the fighters to New Jersey.
Call to save historic Albert Row
Seat sales are ineffective, say airlines
Swapping insurance for Chinese medicine
Nurse with cancer grateful for donations
Digital currency payments on horizon
Big turnout for breast cancer awareness walk
Government boat believed to be sunk
Two sides argue over magistrate’s evidence
Lawyer relives search for family in Bahamas
Mentally ill man detained in hospital
Joint store as jewellery businesses combine
Regiment ready to help Cayman Islands
Marilyn’s writing debut
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive