Man denies sexual offences against teen
A St George’s man has been charged with multiple counts of having unlawful sexual contact with a girl under the age of 16.
The 30-year-old defendant, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, has denied six counts of having unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl between the age of 14 and 16 and a single count of sexually assaulting the same complainant.
All of the offences reportedly took place between January 31, 2016 and March 31, 2016.
Senior magistrate Juan Wolffe released the defendant on $5,000 bail with a like surety on the condition that he has no contact with the complainant.
The matter is set to go to trial in Magistrates’ Court in July.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding criminal court cases. This is to prevent any statements being published that may jeopardise the outcome of that case.
Dunkley wants clarity over New York trip
Bermuda granted whitelist status
Princess casino could create 100 jobs
Commissiong demands apology from Gazette
Fronting losses estimated at $40m
Mail move to cost $360,000 per year
Dealing with Bermuda’s high cost of living
Burt attends Black Caucus Conference
Take Our Poll
- What will be the best way to create needed new jobs?
- Attract more international companies
- Grow the population
- Reduce the number of non-Bermudian workers
- Develop new business sectors other than international business and tourism
- Retrain the workforce
- Total Votes: 5529
- Poll Archive