Warwick pair deny assault charges
Two men denied an assault on a neighbour in an argument about a dog.
Meshack Crichton, 20, and Kevin Davis, 57, from Warwick, both pleaded not guilty on Monday to causing grievous bodily harm to Edward DeSilva-Ottley on Random Lane on Thursday.
Prosecutors told Magistrates’ Court the alleged attack, sparked by a dispute over the defendants’ dog, resulted in Mr DeSilva-Ottley suffering a fractured nose, and multiple cuts and bruises.
Senior magistrate Juan Wolffe released both men on $2,500 bail.
He also ordered them to have no contact with the alleged victim and to keep the dog off his property.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Call to save historic Albert Row
Seat sales are ineffective, say airlines
Swapping insurance for Chinese medicine
Nurse with cancer grateful for donations
Digital currency payments on horizon
Big turnout for breast cancer awareness walk
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive