Tourist injured in West End crash
A woman tourist seriously injured her leg after a rental bike collided with a car.
The 35-year-old American, a passenger on a bike driven by a US man, also 35, was hurt after a crash on Malabar Road, near Craddock Road, in Sandys.
The driver of the bike and the car driver were uninjured, but the woman was taken to the King Edward VII Memorial Hospital for treatment.
The crash happened about 2.30pm on Thursday.
A police spokesman said yesterday the woman was “stable” on a general ward.
Police have appealed for witnesses.
Call to save historic Albert Row
Nurse with cancer grateful for donations
Swapping insurance for Chinese medicine
Big turnout for breast cancer awareness walk
Seat sales are ineffective, say airlines
Digital currency payments on horizon
Government boat believed to be sunk
Two sides argue over magistrate’s evidence
Lawyer relives search for family in Bahamas
Mentally ill man detained in hospital
Joint store as jewellery businesses combine
Regiment ready to help Cayman Islands
Marilyn’s writing debut
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive