Awards for long-serving officers
Last week, (1 November), the Premier, the Hon. David E. Burt, JP, MP, and the Minister of National Security, the Hon. Wayne M. Caines, JP, MP, joined Governor John Rankin in celebrating the service of those in the Bermuda Police Service, the Royal Bermuda Regiment and the Department of Corrections.
During the annual Honours and Awards Ceremony, which took place at Government House, members of the uniformed services were acknowledged with long service awards.
Also during the special ceremony, recent recipients of the Queens Certificates and Badges of Honour were recognised and presented with their awards. They included Mrs Judith James – for services to education; Major (Ret) Leslie Lowe – for services to the community, music; and Ms Lindsay Simmons – for services to the community, foster care.
• Press release from the Bermuda Government
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Six achieve CFA charter status
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
PartnerRe marks 25 years in Bermuda
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive