PLP statement on New York visi
Burt forges business links in New York visit
Opposition Leader David Burt visited New York this week for a series of meetings aimed at boosting investment in Bermuda.
Mr Burt shared the Progressive Labour Party’s Vision 2025 plans at a lunch with officers of the New York Society of Security Analysts, with CEO Harumi Urata-Thompson expressing an interest in “seeing how Bermuda develops in the next few months and how we can work together”.
He met with past and potential Bermuda business partners to discuss the PLP’s plans for a technology park at Southside, as well as attracting inward investment to the island.
In addition, the Opposition Leader was invited to the Nasdaq bell closing ceremony on Tuesday, and visited the set of CNBC’s Fast Money.
• To read the full statement, click on the PDF under “Related Media”.
Two injured in North Shore Road crash
Dominica battered by Hurricane Maria
Career transition service set up
Take Our Poll
- What will be the best way to create needed new jobs?
- Attract more international companies
- Grow the population
- Reduce the number of non-Bermudian workers
- Develop new business sectors other than international business and tourism
- Retrain the workforce
- Total Votes: 5529
- Poll Archive