Biltir launches internship programme
Bermuda International Long Term Insurers and Reinsurers has launched an internship programme for Bermudian college students.
The ten interns will take part in Biltir’s ten-week programme, which runs from June 11 until August 17. Each of the successful applicants has been placed with a Biltir member company and will receive hands-on exposure and insight into the life reinsurance sector.
The interns selected for the programme are:
• Nicolas Araujo — Legal & General Re
• Cyana Burgess — Global Atlantic Re
• Tahirah Cross — Sun Life Assurance
• Mauriq Hill — Hannover Life Re
• Shane Hollis — Athene Life Re
• Evin Mosley — Athene Life Re
• Quinnae Outerbridge — Athene Life Re
• Imani Smith — Sun Life Assurance
• Jalen Symonds-Bean — Wilton Re Bermuda
• Kayla Virgil-Darrell — Somerset Re
The internship opportunities were listed on Biltir’s website and the successful applicants were vetted, interviewed and selected by their host company.
As part of their experience, the interns will take part in a series of networking and educational events, including lunch and learn sessions at each of the participating companies. In these sessions they will discuss the life re/insurance sector and its products, the nature and professional opportunities arising from the Bermuda life re/insurance industry and hear from young professionals in the field.
Sylvia Oliveira, director of Biltir, said: “We are delighted to be launching a summer internship programme for college students. We hope that more young Bermudians will consider the life sector when they graduate, and this programme will expose the participants to the industry.
“This is an incredible opportunity for these young people to gain first-hand experience of the life reinsurance sector and to make important professional connections.”
Take Our Poll
- "Your new year's resolutions for 2019"
- Quit smoking
- Quit drinking/drink in moderation
- Do not drink and drive
- Lose weight
- Stop procrastinating
- Drive with greater care
- Total Votes: 2607
- Poll Archive