Smith keeping busy on European circuit
Tyler Smith competed in three sprint races in eight days as he prepares for the Central American and Caribbean Games in Barranquilla, Colombia, later this month.
Smith, 19, placed 26th at the Wuustwezel ETU Sprint Triathlon European Cup in Belgium on June 23, finishing in an overall time of 53min 08sec, with splits of 8:28, 26:13 and 16:49.
The University of Leeds Smith a had a strong race in the Netherlands at the Holten ETU Sprint Triathlon Premium European Cup, finishing tenth in a time of 56:29. His splits were 8:44, 28:17 and 18:44.
Smith, who competed at the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in April, raced at the weekend in Düsseldorf, Germany, for his Weicon team in the triathlon Bundesliga.
He was top finisher on his team, placing 31st in a time of 58:51. Weicon came seventh out of 16 teams and are now sixth overall after two races in the five-race series.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive