Terms of Service
Welcome to the royalgazette.com. The Royal Gazette offers and provides the web pages available at the royalgazette.com to the general public pursuant to these Terms of Service. By using the royalgazette.com and/or the Service, and by registering for the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service may be modified by The Royal Gazette at any time without notice by posting revised terms on this Terms of Service page or any successor on the royalgazette.com and your continued use of royalgazette.com and/or the Service, you agree to be bound by such changes. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service as in effect from time to time, you should not use the royalgazette.com Web site.
The Royal Gazette provides the registered users of royalgazette.com Web site. the ability to comment on information, including, but not limited to, text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content (the "Service"). You must be a registered user to comment. Please sign up here for access. You must be 13 or over to register to sign up.
You retain sole ownership of any comments, images, audio, video, suggestions or other communications or content you upload, transmit or otherwise submit through the Service ("User Content"). However, by contributing, you grant The Royal Gazette and its designees an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works based upon such User Content. By submitting User Content, you are warranting that you are the sole author or that you have obtained all necessary permissions associated with copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity and/or rights of privacy to submit such User Content and grant the foregoing rights.
User Content submitted to the Service is generally posted immediately and automatically. Given the nature of the Service, The Royal Gazette and its designees do not actively monitor and review all User Content posted or transmitted by users. As such, you are liable for the opinions you express and the accuracy of the information you provide in the Service area. However, The Royal Gazette reserves the right to remove any User Content it deems inappropriate, as well as suspend or ban the account under which its was transmitted.
This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by The Royal Gazette Ltd. or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, The Royal Gazette's "services").These services, (including, but not limited to text, content, photographs, video and audio) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under Bermuda copyright and other laws. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Notice. No materials contained on this site, www.royalgazette.com or any other site offered by The Royal Gazette Ltd, or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, "RG sites"), may be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, repurposed or broadcast without the prior written permission of The Royal Gazette, Ltd, or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content. However, you may download material from RG sites for your personal, noncommercial use only.
You may create Web links to any URL on any RG site, including articles. This does not include framing RG sites within your site or repurposing stories for your website. Links to Web sites other than those owned by The Royal Gazette Limited, are offered as a service to readers. The editorial staff of The Royal Gazette was not involved in their production and is not responsible for their content. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU MAY NOT DISTRIBUTE ANY PART OF THIS SERVICE OVER ANY NETWORK, INCLUDING A LOCAL AREA NETWORK, NOR SELL NOR OFFER IT FOR SALE. IN ADDITION, THESE FILES MAY NOT BE USED TO CONSTRUCT ANY KIND OF DATABASE
Associated Press Copyright Statement
Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP Materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. The AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions there from or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
While this is a free exchange, The Royal Gazette and its designees reserve the right to end or suspend your use of the Service for any transmission of User Content or any other actions which The Royal Gazette determines, in its sole judgment, to be offensive, illegal, or might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of others or otherwise violate these Terms of Service. The following is a partial list of the kind of User Content that is prohibited from transmission through the Service:
- You shall not upload to, or distribute or otherwise publish on to the comments section any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material.
- Threats, personal attacks, harassment or advocating the harassment of another person.
- Solicitations or advertisements.
- Impersonating any person or entity or falsely misrepresenting your affiliation with any other person or entity.
- Behaviour invasive of another person's or entity's privacy.
- Promoting or providing information that you know to be false or misleading.
- Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities.
- Infringing any patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret or other proprietary right of any other party.
- Comments unrelated to the discussion or material in the Service area.
- Taking any action which disrupts the operation of the Service.
- You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other Members, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or "spam."
- You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Services.
- The Royal Gazette encourages active discussions and welcomes heated debate on the Services, but personal attacks are a direct violation of these Terms of Service and are grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Service.
- We will be aggressive in banning users who don't regularly post quality comments as well as those with a high percentage of deleted comments.
- We will delete all comments that direct name-calling and insults at other commenters.
- We will add words to our list of terms that call for automatic deletion of a comment.
- We will be more aggressive in our efforts to eliminate "trolling" - generally defined as posting comments that serve more to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations.
- Advertisements/promotions, spam (including multiple posts that contain the same or similar content), off-topic content, plagiarism and/or copyrighted material.
If you discover this kind of material on the Service, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROYALGAZETTE.COM AND THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED. The Royal Gazette does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to royalgazette.com or any portion of the Service, and operation of royalgazette.com and/or the Service may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. While The Royal Gazette intends to make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information created and published by The Royal Gazette royalgazette.com, it can not guaranty the complete accuracy of all information contained on royalgazette.com. In addition, The Royal Gazette does not necessarily support and has not necessarily verified any material displayed in the Service area and takes no responsibility for the content or opinions posted or otherwise expressed by users through the Service. If you rely on any materials available through royalgazette.com (including the contributions in the Service area), you do so solely at your own risk and The Royal Gazette is not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such use or reliance. If you are dissatisfied with any portion of royalgazette.com or the Service, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using royalgazette.com and the Service.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER THE ROYAL GAZETTE NOR ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE (WHETHER IN AN ACTION ARISING FROM CONTRACT OR TORT) FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE ROYALGAZETTE.COM AND/OR THE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO ROYALGAZETTE.COM AND/OR THE SERVICE.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Royal Gazette and its affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this paragraph. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and The Royal Gazette and govern your use of royalgazette.com and the Service. These Terms of Service and the relationship between you and The Royal Gazette are governed by the laws of Bermuda, without regard to its conflict of law provisions