By Raymond Hainey
A fresh crackdown on tax avoidance by global firms has been launched by an international watchdog.
And an end to a loophole where internet giants Google can channel billions of dollars of profits earned elsewhere to...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Sep 17, 2014 12:01 am
A delegation from Bermuda went to Mexico City to make new trust business ties.
The 12-strong group attended a series of...
- Sep 15, 2014 8:00 am
Bermuda companies accounted for $7.86 billion worth of deals in the second quarter of this year amid rising global merger and...
- Sep 12, 2014 8:00 am
Peter Everson said: “Bermuda always prospers when other countries face uncertainty,” pointing to the US War of Independence;...
- Sep 11, 2014 12:01 am
The parent company of Bermuda Commercial Bank said profit more than tripled to $15.3 million during the first nine months of...
- Sep 11, 2014 11:43 am
Apex Fund Services founder Peter Hughes has stepped down as chief executive officer after running the company for ten...
- Sep 11, 2014 12:36 pm
The Caymans subsidiary of Bermuda telecoms firm KeyTech has made at least a dozen people redundant from a recently-bought...
- Sep 11, 2014 8:00 am
A top Brazilian lawyer has been appointed as a director of Clarien Bank.
Ronaldo Veirano, a founding partner of one of...
- Sep 11, 2014 2:50 pm
A Bermuda business chief yesterday refused to capitalise on Caymanian woes over landing on a UK list of “high risk” countries...
- Sep 10, 2014 8:00 am
Telecoms firm KeyTech has bought a TV firm in Cayman — and sold off its stake in BTC for $30 million.
- Sep 4, 2014 8:00 am
Bermuda Stock Exchange chief Greg Wojciechowsi has highlighted Bermuda success in attracting insurance-linked securities (ILS)...
- Sep 2, 2014 8:00 am
- Bacardi names new CFO
- QuoVadis appears on Dutch TV after national business award nomination
- BDA boss Webber’s ultimate goals are jobs and growth
- Cayman included on FCA high-risk list
- Non-profits get a break from UK Fatca rules
- Bermuda-based LNG specialist floats new subsidiary on New York Stock Exchange
- Nordic American sees tanker rates plunge — but rebound expected
- Gibraltar lawyers jailed for fraud — investors’ assets likely unrecoverable
- Bermuda now best for offshore funds, says New York expert
- New trust industry conference coming to Bermuda next year
- Bermuda aircraft leasing company plans IPO
- Conyers: Bermuda’s strength helped us win top offshore law firm award
- Bermuda targeted in US anti-inversion legislation
- Bermuda lawyers speak at Swiss trust conference
- Butterfield to buy part of HSBC’s Cayman business
- EY Bermuda’s new boss looks to grow business and hire staff
- Deloitte Bermuda names two new partners
- IRS announces changes to Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programme
- Richards: Contact with the French is key to avoiding ‘nasty surprises’
- Gulf Keystone CEO Kozel to retire
Murderers sentenced to 25 years in prison
Prowler caught on camera is jailed
The man behind the gombey mask
Govt asked to clarify its stance on ageism
ISIS to charity’s rescue
Helping Island’s youth score a bright future
Strong interest in redeveloping wharf
Seniors told to share the pain
Resident mourns derelict Sandys
Rescued pair thought about paddling to shore
New visiting rules
Car overturns in Pembroke crash
Feral cat explosion
An idea to help revive tourism
Take Our Poll