The Bermuda re/insurance market paid out $1.25 billion in claims resulting from 2010’s catastrophic windstorm Xynthia — a 37 per cent share, Deputy Premier and Finance Minister ET (Bob) Richards said in a speech to the Bermuda Society in London...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Nov 21, 2014 8:00 am
This year is set to one of the best in a decade for offshore mergers and acquisitions, a top law firm predicts.
- Nov 21, 2014 8:00 am
Relocation company Elevate is reporting growth in the international business sector, and now is seeking to expand its own...
- Nov 19, 2014 8:00 am
A boom in the compliance side of the financial industry could bring a jobs bonanza to Bermuda, a US expert said...
- Nov 13, 2014 8:00 am
Bacardi has appointed a new global chief communications officer.
Jim Gallagher — who previously worked for global...
- Nov 7, 2014 8:00 am
The Madoff Ponzi scheme was at the centre of a Supreme Court hearing last month, which has resulted in a ruling released by...
- Nov 6, 2014 11:13 am
Bermuda has signed up to a new international agreement to allow automatic exchange of financial information in a bid to crack...
- Nov 5, 2014 8:00 am
Bermuda-based beverages giant Bacardi is looking forward to returning some operations to Cuba once the US embargo of the...
- Nov 3, 2014 8:00 am
NEW YORK (Bloomberg) — Bermuda-domiciled Lazard Ltd, the largest independent merger-advisory firm, posted third-quarter profit...
- Oct 24, 2014 8:00 am
A technology security company founded in Bermuda has made its mark on a promotion of cross-border electronic transactions by...
- Oct 22, 2014 11:10 am
Google is considering getting rid of its Bermuda subsidiary, according to a report in French newspaper Le Monde.
- Oct 21, 2014 8:00 am
- Ireland puts a stop to ‘Double Irish’ tax shelter
- Real estate firm plans to relocate to Mauritius
- QuoVadis launches operation in Germany
- Deloitte posts record revenue
- IRS sues US firm over Bermuda-linked loan
- Chairman of Island-based company weighs in on Scotland vote
- OECD pledges fresh offshore tax avoidance clampdown
- Island trust industry delegation on Mexico mission
- Bermuda bags $7.9b share of deals
- Economists: Scottish ‘yes’ vote could benefit Island
- Somers Ltd profit triples as BCB posts strong results
- Apex founder Hughes steps down as CEO
- Job losses at KeyTech’s Cayman subsidiary — no redundancies expected in Bermuda
- Clarien adds Brazilian lawyer to board and targets Latin American business
- Cayman breathes sigh of relief after ‘high risk’ list is withdrawn
- KeyTech CEO: Cayman TV deal and BTC sale are ‘transformational’
- ILS success seen as a blueprint for attracting business
Head of police dispels fist bump claims
Report is critical of Port Royal overruns
Mother hopes inquest will provide answers
Smith to launch ‘Bermuda Amazon’ website
Honeymooner admits threatening flight staff
Woman charged with having proceeds of crime
Drug mule is jailed
Bean in firing line
‘Irrational’ comments attacked
Floating lanterns lead to false alarms
Public sex offenders list on agenda
Missing boat shows up
Man fined for swearing at police
Take Our Poll
- Which of the following best describes your opinion on how Senior Civil Servant job positions should be granted?
- Senior civil servants should be appointed on a temporary contract renewable basis.
- Senior civil servants should continue to be appointed on a permanent basis
- Don't Know
- Total Votes: 2155
- Poll Archive