A firm which moved to Bermuda five years ago has gone into provisional liquidation owing more than $120 million.
Richina Pacific Ltd (RPL), the parent of failed New Zealand construction firm Mainzeal Property & Construction, delisted...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Thursday Dec 5, 20138:00 am
The Caribbean Journal is reporting that The Cayman Islands and the United States have signed an agreement that will pave the...
- Dec 2, 2013 10:41 am
Somers Ltd, owner of the Bermuda Commercial Bank, is seeking to buy out London-based broker Westhouse Holdings PLC.
- Nov 29, 2013 12:41 pm
International business chiefs are satisfied with Bermuda as a place to do business and live, a new survey revealed.
- Nov 28, 2013 8:00 am
Caribbean Journal is reporting that The Cayman Islands has signed a tax information exchange agreement with the Republic of...
- Nov 28, 2013 1:18 pm
Atrium Underwriting Group Ltd has been acquired by Enstar Group Limited and Stone Point Capital, who announced they have...
- Nov 25, 2013 2:35 pm
Bermuda needs to face the facts about itself — even the ‘ugly’ ones — if it is to develop a culture of business...
- Nov 22, 2013 8:00 am
Custodian Life Ltd, as a class C insurer — the tier of licence for long-term insurers and reinsurers with total assets of less...
- Nov 22, 2013 5:33 pm
Malta could become the “Bermuda of the Mediterranean” for insurance companies, the head of the subsidiary of a Bermuda-based...
- Nov 22, 2013 8:00 am
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings, AG announced they have appointed Denis Burniston senior vice president, general...
- Nov 21, 2013 11:29 am
Bermuda and the business world have to work together to survive in an increasingly complex world, Premier Craig Cannonier told...
- Nov 21, 2013 8:00 am
- Hedge fund expert: Bermuda gets regulation balance right
- Panel says tight regulation risks stifling recovery
- EY to stage hedge fund event
- High bond-market returns of past 30 years an ‘anomaly’, says Schroders US boss
- RenaissanceRe reports small decrease in net income
- Hiscox’s written premiums up more than 10 percent
- Charman spotlights Endurance’s “good quarter”
- ACE launches ‘revolutionary’ coverage for defense, Dodd-Frank expenses, corporate manslaughter
- Global Atlantic rating reflects Forethought, AVIVA acquisition agreements
- XL Group announces quarterly dividend
- Butterfield’s asset management chief gives economic outlook speech in London
- Platinum sees year-over-year declines
- Tower reviewing ‘strategic options’ after reserve shortfall
- ACE launches environmental risk taskforce for Europe
- Bermuda’s Ironshore announces increase to $300m for global terror coverage
- Kane appoints new fund administration chief
- Fairfax acquisition by American Safety concludes
- Ironshore syndicate to grow third party business
- Jamie Lewis named head of casualty reinsurance for Aspen Reinsurance
- Conyers advises on $50 million Public Offering for Tsakos Energy Navigation Limited
- XL: Germany, France hailstorms to cost $60m
- Validus sets up Swiss underwriting operation
- Lloyd’s of London profit falls
- AM Best upgrades Flagstone Re
- Best upgrades AXIS rating, cites strong operating performance
- Aon reshuffles management
- Tokio Millennium donates to BFIS
- Bermuda benefits from reinsurer Catlin’s coral reef record
- Free database features panoramic images, scientific data
- Fairfax to buy BlackBerry for $4.7 billion
- Jardine Lloyd Thompson to buy Tower Watson’s reinsurance brokerage unit
- PartnerRe estimates German hailstorm losses
- Catalina buys Alea — report
- Allied World launches new lawyers liability product
- Premier welcomes UK PM’s endorsement
Cabinet shuffle — three out
Sailor’s body washed ashore
Drugs centre has more staff than patients
Fairmont plans Turtle Hill development
Charity is $300k in debt
Financial burden threatens Dill’s career
Ex-Minister quizzed in court over paid testimony and potential conflict with regulator role
Santucci: People die and we do nothing
Pit bull owners plan Hamilton walk
Duperreault-led group to buy out SAC Re
Suspect knew burglary victim
Inmates praised for church work
Men accused of assaulting Paget resident
Take Our Poll