The first-ever China catastrophe bond has been set up in Bermuda.
The $50 million Panda Re bond, listed on the Bermuda Stock Exchange (BSX), will be used by sponsor China Re to cover earthquake losses across the mainland People’s Republic...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Jul 3, 2015 8:00 am
Alternative reinsurance capital is growing at a faster rate than traditional reinsurance capital.
That trend has been...
- Jul 3, 2015 8:00 am
NEW YORK (Bloomberg) — Evan Greenberg just took deal-making to the next level.
The chief executive officer of...
- Jul 2, 2015 8:00 am
By Jonathan Kent
A spike in demand for reinsurance in Florida is helping parts of the property-catastrophe reinsurance...
- Jul 2, 2015 8:00 am
Two firms with a Bermuda presence are to merge in an $8.7 billion deal.
Insurance and reinsurance broker Willis Group...
- Jun 30, 2015 12:16 pm
It is understandable why one might be tempted in Bermuda to be caught up entirely on local issues and focused on what meets us...
- Jun 29, 2015 8:00 am
NEW YORK (Bloomberg) — Maurice “Hank” Greenberg said that his partial victory in a lawsuit tied to American International...
- Jun 26, 2015 8:00 am
The meteoritic rise in the use of unmanned flying drones present challenges and opportunities for insurers, according to...
- Jun 25, 2015 8:00 am
Insurance industry veteran Brian Duperreault says unintentional discrimination is holding back women in the insurance...
- Jun 24, 2015 8:00 am
Marsh & McLennan Companies’ president and CEO Dan Glaser met with Premier Michael Dunkley yesterday during a visit to the...
- Jun 24, 2015 5:20 pm
A webinar spotlighting the advantages to US corporations of setting up a captive insurance company in Bermuda will be...
- Jun 24, 2015 5:53 pm
- Exor says PartnerRe misleading shareholders
- PartnerRe board seeks support for Axis deal
- KPMG: Insurers unprepared for driverless cars
- Report says insurance sector faces upheavals
- Remote risk? There’s a cat bond for that
- Arch mulling bid for Axis, report claims
- Insurers to foot the $1bn bill for US events
- PwC: Captive industry needs to watch tax rules
- PartnerRe accuses Exor of ‘false statements’
- Exor accuses PartnerRe of ‘scare tactics’
- Greenberg wins AIG case — but no damages
- McConachie leaves Blue Capital
- Axis boss backs Bermuda on Solvency II
- Tokio Marine to buy HCC for $7.5bn
- New insurance firm launches with $1.5bn
- This dot will fight back, says Richards
- De Couto joins Aspen Re
- Richards sees signs that recession is over
- Island’s depth of talent hailed at conference
- Reinsurance industry ‘under threat’
- Exor bid for PartnerRe information rejected
- Exor reaching out to PartnerRe shareholders
- Axis-PartnerRe plan to return $2.2bn to shareholders
- On-Island vote on merger for shareholders
- New $300m cat bond lists on BSX
- Six students join Ace Select intern programme
- Enstar sells 9.9% stake to pension firm
- Ex-White House CIO to speak at conference
- Hamilton Group opens new HQ
- Validus wins again in landmark case
- UK seeks slice of Island’s cat bond business
- PartnerRe-Axis merger clears Euro hurdle
- Endurance to promote Bermudian executive Young
- BFIS summer interns start programme
- PartnerRe to ask shareholders to back Axis bid
- Teenager Morris earns XL Catlin Scholarship
- Exor to PartnerRe: Say our bid is superior
- Multistrat acquires US firm
- PartnerRe to Exor: $6.8bn is not enough
- CEO: Future bright for Axis, come what may
Police sting operation nets drugs and gun
Plans for new parking scheme in Hamilton
Governor’s Hong Kong resettlement joke
Actress Douglas Webster dies at 92
Race-baiting has become fashionable
Ferry staff lateness ‘not an issue’
House: Fahy in the PLP firing line
Tribute to two pillars of our community
Community pray for shooting victim
Burglar a ‘good guy’ says restaurant owner
Services threatened by cash crunch – Gosling
House: Concern over impact of sick leave
Making the big events work for Bermuda
Family firm marks two centuries in business
Developer talks about restaurant plan
Lightbourn starring in Maybelline commercial
Take Our Poll