Insured losses from the most powerful hurricane ever recorded in the Western Hemisphere, Hurricane Patricia, are expected to be negligible.
The Category 5 hurricane struck the Pacific coast of Mexico, near Cuixmala, on October 23. It had...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Nov 27, 2015 8:00 am
Bermuda has won a coveted financial gold star from the European Union.
The Island has been awarded full equivalence...
- Nov 26, 2015 11:45 am
The managing agency for Hamilton Group’s London underwriters is to join the space race.
And Hamilton Underwriting, which...
- Nov 26, 2015 8:00 am
A top executive at JLT Re has moved to Bermuda from the firm’s London operation.
Nick Duffin has joined JLT Re Bermuda...
- Nov 25, 2015 8:00 am
Chinese investment firm Fosun International Ltd has completed the acquisition of the remaining 80 per cent equity interest in...
- Nov 23, 2015 12:04 pm
The Bermuda CPCU Society Chapter last night held a conferment ceremony for new designees.
The group is made up of...
- Nov 20, 2015 8:00 am
Shareholders in reinsurance firm PartnerRe today backed the $6.9 billion takeover offer from Italian investment giant...
- Nov 19, 2015 11:33 am
LONDON (Bloomberg) — Insurer Talanx AG’s $122 million loss from port explosions at Tianjin, one of China’s worst industrial...
- Nov 19, 2015 8:00 am
Restrictions lifted on the sale of life insurance will be a boost for a Bermuda-based company.
VL Assurance, part of the...
- Nov 18, 2015 8:00 am
Healthcare and technology futurist Joe Flower will be the keynote speaker at the Bermuda Captive Conference in 2016.
- Nov 18, 2015 8:00 am
Bermuda’s insurers and reinsurers should brace itself for more terrorist attacks, according to a US-based industry...
- Nov 17, 2015 8:00 am
- Enstar closes deal to buy Belgian insurer
- Everest Re and Aegis form strategic alliance
- Alternative capital brings opportunities
- Gibbons to lead RenaissanceRe board
- RenaissanceRe increases buy-back programme
- ILS boom boosting asset management industry
- Tokio Solution appoints co-CEOs
- Duperreault: Reinsurance between two worlds
- Insurance industry can roll with Blue Marble
- Four new BMA registrations
- McElroy joins Aspen Insurance
- Reinsurance terms and conditions worsening
- Hiscox gross premiums rise 13%
- Top insurance lawyer fired after rant
- New platform for asset-manager reinsurers
- Aspen expands into Singapore
- Enstar profits rise 85%
- Insurance sector needs more young people
- Sustainability focus can benefit reinsurers
- Assured Guaranty posts $129m profit
- Conference to focus on reinsurance changes
- Lack of hurricanes boosts RenRe profits
- Lucking joins Novae in Bermuda
- Maiden Holdings reports fall in third-quarter profit
- Third Point Re posts loss of nearly $200m
- Blue Capital posts $4.4m profit
- AIG chief rebuffs Icahn plan
- Aspen appoints Cohen to lead insurance arm
- PartnerRe hires former Axis executive
- Investment losses weigh on Aspen earnings
- Acquisition expenses hit Endurance profits
- White Mountains’ capital surplus hits $2.5bn
- Validus beats Wall Street forecasts
- Icahn urges AIG to split into three
- Arch earnings beats analysts’ forecast
- Willis Group income rises
- Wildfires to cost insurers $1.1bn
- Shake-up at Endurance after Mills’ departure
- Hersh joins JLT Specialty USA from Aon
- Bermuda acts to protect legitimate reinsurers
Groundbreaking same-sex ruling
Portuguese community ‘still not accepted’
Hotel in possible human rights breach
Heritage Wharf study reveals extensive flaws
Man found dead named by police
PLP dismisses reports of challenge on Bean
Report: $2.6m wasted on duplicate payments
Big-hearted cook needs help to feed homeless
Adopting Joshua completely changed my life
Genital nicknames ‘set children up’
Woman loses lawsuit over minibus purchases
Retailers brace for Black Friday bonanza
Fahy dismisses business oligarchy claim
Government ‘undermined’ contractual duties
Bermuda wins Solvency II equivalence from EC
Take Our Poll