Nothing to do in Bermuda?
May 23, 2016 8:00 am
• The Adult Education School will host the unique event, Transformations Art Auction and Cocktails, on Wednesday, June 1. From 6pm until 9pm at Gosling’s Wine Cellar, this event will feature more than 25 local artists, including some notable alumni from the school and hopes to raise funds to help adult learners to reach their education and career goals. The evening is under the distinguished patronage of the Ombudsman for Bermuda, Victoria...
May 9, 2016 2:39 pm
• The May edition of the monthly Ciné Club from L’Alliance Française des Bermudes will be showing <i>Saint Jacques… La Mecque</i> on Tuesday, May 17. Screening in the Tradewinds Auditorium at BUEI at 8pm, this French comedy/drama with English subtitles is from director Coline Serreau with Muriel Robin, Artus de Penguern and Jean-Pierre Darroussin. Three siblings who detest hiking, and each other, must complete a pilgrimage to...
May 2, 2016 8:21 am
• Presented by visiting scientist Jim Wetterer, associate professor at Florida Atlantic University, Them! World Domination by Ants will take place on Wednesday, May 10. Jim’s research interest is the biogeography, ecology, and environmental impact of ants. While in Bermuda, one question he hopes to answer is what ant species are associated with Bermuda’s mangroves. On previous visits to Bermuda he studied and documented the island’s ant...
Mar 28, 2016 8:00 am
• Calling all Italophiles, Discovery Wines promise an event that you won’t want to miss at their Italian Wine Tasting Dinner on Thursday, April 7. This special evening at Griffin’s Bistro at the St George’s Club will begin with prosecco being served by the pool from 6.30pm. Then, each delectable course of the six-course dinner will be paired with an Italian wine from Discovery Wines. The cost is $110 per person, which does not include...
Mar 21, 2016 8:00 am
• Calling all Italophiles, Discovery Wines promise an event that you won’t want to miss at their Italian Wine Tasting Dinner on Thursday, April 7. This special evening at Griffin’s Bistro at the St George’s Club will begin with Prosecco being served by the pool from 6.30pm. Then, each delectable course of the six-course dinner will be paired with an Italian wine from Discovery Wines. The cost is $110 per person, which does not include...
Mar 14, 2016 2:13 pm
• Promising an old-school reggae concert that is showcasing international artists and local talent, Bermuda Easter Fiesta will be on Thursday, March 24. Taking place under the tent at National Sports Centre North Field, gates will open at 8pm and show time is at 9pm. Ninja Cutty will be the host for the evening, with international artists Tarrus Riley, Cocoa Tea, and Etana, local artist Jesse Seymour and DJs King Jyrus and Juggling Jason.
Mar 7, 2016 8:00 am
• Bermuda’s most beautiful asset will be celebrated at the 5th Annual Bermuda Beach Art Festival on Saturday, March 19. Artists of all skill levels are invited to participate in this island-wide eco art competition that sees Bermuda’s beautiful beaches adorned with amazing art drawn right on the sand, incorporating the rocks, caves or shape of the beach and exists until the next high tide washes them away. Don’t know...
Feb 29, 2016 8:00 am
• The Elbow Beach Iyengar Yoga Centre invites you to a Weekend Yoga Intensive Workshop from Friday, March 11, to Sunday, March 13. The workshop will run from 6pm to 9pm on the Friday, and then from 9am until 1pm on the Saturday and Sunday, and is a rare opportunity to be taught by visiting senior Iyengar reacher, Richard Agar Ward, from the UK, who has more than 38 years of Iyengar Yoga teaching experience. The cost of this three-day weekend...
Feb 22, 2016 8:00 am
• Help the community by being more helpful in a crisis with the Bermuda Red Cross’s Psychosocial First Aid Course starting on Friday, March 4. With the increase of crime and other critical incidents affecting the community, the Bermuda Red Cross have identified the need to educate and train key persons in the community to enable more to respond to these issues. This workshop will do just that. Rather than be reactive disorganised and passive,...
Feb 8, 2016 8:00 am
• Can’t go another year in an unhealthy relationship? You know you deserve better but can’t seem to break free? Feel like you keep going in circles with the same old issues? Are you ready to start living a drama free and peaceful life? Do you feel helpless and like no one understands? If any of these resonate with you, then help is available at the Fresh Start: Relationship Education for Women course, starting on Thursday, February 18th.
Feb 1, 2016 8:00 am
• The Church Girls’ Brigade and Boys’ Brigade are holding their popular fundraising Valentine’s Fair and Car Wash at St Paul’s Church Hall on Saturday, February 13. From 10am until 4pm, you can browse stalls with include baked goods, books, DVDs, “nearly new” goods, plants and more. Lunch will also be offered, including delicious home-made soups, chili, hotdogs, codfish balls and chicken wingettes. The car wash is $15 for small- and...
Jan 18, 2016 8:00 am
•Learn from financial experts about money management at a Banking & Budgeting Seminar on Thursday, January 28.
Start the New Year off on the right foot by learning how effective budgeting and banking can help you to maintain control of your finances and achieve your goals.
This seminar is being held at The Sunshine League PLACE (Personal Learning Assistance Centre) at 27 King Street from 5.30pm until 7pm and is aimed at those...
Jan 11, 2016 8:00 am
• Spectators and players alike are welcome at the Bermuda Open Singles Darts Championship at the BAA Clubhouse on Monday, January 18. This Cat 1 ranking points tournament is open to all players, male and female, over 18. The tournament will be in a 501 Singles Format, best of of 5 Legs, with a straight start / double finish. Players will throw for the bullseye to start and then the winner throws first in Leg 1, 3, and 5, while the loser...
Dec 28, 2015 8:00 am
•Start off the New Year by doing something good for your mind, body and spirit by starting Tai Chi classes every Tuesday from January 5.
These will run from 5.30pm until 7pm at Sankofa The Wellness Center.
The cost is $120 for the month.
For more information, or to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Now in its 10th year of making your sides hurt with laughter, Just for Laughs Bermuda is returning to the...
Dec 21, 2015 8:00 am
• The Reefs invites you to come ring in the New Year with them with one of two options on Thursday, December 31. Firstly, from 6pm, you can join them for dinner then drinks and dancing to the tunes of DJ Travis. The cost is $115 per person, plus gratuities. The dinner will also be included in their special NYE staycation package which, for the price of $399 plus tax and gratuities, includes the room, dinner and party, and breakfast the next...
Dec 7, 2015 11:43 pm
• Feel the force with your movie friends at a BIFF Star Wars Special Showing on Saturday, December 19. This private viewing on behalf of the BIFFs Trust will take place at Speciality Cinema & Grill at 9.30pm.
Tickets are $35 and available from www.pTix.bm. For more information, contact email@example.com.
• Learn how to make some sweet treats from the experts at a Pastry Cooking Class at the Hamilton Princess on Sunday,...
Nov 30, 2015 8:00 am
• The Continental Society of Bermuda invites you to join them for the 12 Martinis of Christmas at The Grand on Friday, December 11. From 6pm until 8pm, kick off the Christmas party season with a selection of holiday cocktails. Tickets are $55 and, although they will be available on the door, advance purchase is recommended. Your generous support will enable to assist Bermuda’s youth. For more information, or to purchase advance tickets,...
Nov 16, 2015 8:00 am
• The Bermuda Chamber of Commerce presents Is Retirement Achievable in Bermuda: A Panel Discussion on Tuesday, November 24. The long-term shift from traditional defined benefit pensions to defined contribution plans has placed significant responsibility and challenges on retirees to successfully generate lifetime retirement income. From 8am until 10am at the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, they will explore the current contributory pension scheme...
Nov 9, 2015 8:00 am
• The November edition of the Department of Community & Cultural Affairs’ Historical Heartbeats Lecture Series will be Excerpts from Fabric and Other Bermudian Films on Tuesday, November 17. From 6pm in the World Heritage Centre Theatre in St George’s, Bermudian film-maker Milton Raposo will screen excerpts from his forthcoming film Fabric, an exploration of the culture of our Island’s Portuguese community. He will also show clips from...
Oct 26, 2015 8:00 am
• Bermuda College Library presents ‘Island Flames’, a book signing and presentation by Jonathan D. Smith on Wednesday, November 4.
‘Island Flames’ is a major new book on the murders, execution and racial riots of the 1960s and 1970s. This will be from 6.30pm until 8pm in the Bermuda College Library and light refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Shelley Riley on 236-9000 ext. 4381 or...
Aug 31, 2015 8:00 am
• Quiet your mind and find inner peace and tranquility at the free Meditation Workshop on Wednesday, September 9. From 6pm until 7.30pm in Room 404 of the International Centre on Bermudiana Road, you will learn how yoga sound meditation helps to deeply relax the mind and control negative emotions. Come and learn how to make your heart peaceful and happy through meditation with breath, bead meditation and chanting meditation. Admission...
Aug 24, 2015 8:00 am
• Enjoy nature’s laser light show aboard the ‘Ana Luna’, as they invite you to join them for a Glow Worms Safari on Monday, August 31, and Tuesday, September 30. This exotic evening on the seas will begin when the boat departs from the dock at Grotto Bay at 6.30pm. After enjoying the sunset, you can witness the glow-in-the-dark mating ritual of these unusual creatures, performed two and three days after the full moon during the warmer months.
Aug 3, 2015 8:00 am
• Promising yet another lively and thought-provoking night out, PechaKucha Bermuda is hosting its 12th Edition on Thursday, August 13, at the Young Men’s Social Club on Angle Street. PechaKucha Bermuda is a simple, effective and entertaining way of telling a story or idea. There are usually eight presenters and each presenter shows 20 images to accompany their presentation, for each image the presenter can only speak for 20 seconds.
Jul 27, 2015 8:00 am
• Come out for an evening to learn all about gigs and gig racing at the latest in the BUEI Talks series, Bermuda Pilot Gig Project on Tuesday, August 4. This event will include special presentations by competitive gig boat rower Steve Lock, Society president Rick Spurling and organiser Debbie Jones. The lecture will start at 7.30pm in the Tradewinds Auditorium and Harbourfront is offering a 10 per cent discount (food only) to anyone dining...
Jun 22, 2015 8:00 am
• Good family fun is in store in St George’s at the 20th Annual Portuguese Festival of the Holy Spirit on Saturday and Sunday, July 4 and 5.This will take place in King’s Square from from 7pm until 11pm on the Saturday and from 5pm until 11pm on the Sunday. Local entertainment will be provided by the Travellers, Caroline Araujo and Friends, Portuguese Folklore Dancers, Filipino Dancers, Vasco Da Gama Dancers, Sara Pacheco, Michelle Madeira,...
Jun 8, 2015 8:00 am
• The Midland Heights SDA Church invites you to The Amazing Grace Community Fun Day at Shelly Bay Field on Monday, June 15. From noon until 6pm, you can enjoy an amazing day with free snowballs, free popcorn, free haircuts, free massages, free food vouchers and clothing, a food court, fun castle, train, games for all, soccer, cricket, archery, a concert and more. Part of the proceeds will go to the Centre Against Abuse. For more information,...
Jun 1, 2015 8:00 am
• Calling all alumni of PRIDE Bermuda and Y2Y. Whether you were a volunteer, former staff, or youth participant, you are invited to reconnect at the 1st PRIDE Bermuda and Y2Y Alumni Reception on Thursday, June 11. PRIDE Bermuda has impacted the lives of Bermudian Youth of over 25 Years, so from 5.30pm until 7.30pm, you can share laughs and memories from days gone by supporting an organisation that shaped our future.You are also encouraged to...
British visitor dies after snorkelling
From high finance to haute cuisine
Former post office in line for $700,000 sale
Not using medical cannabis deemed ‘insane’
Budding lawyer with deep belief in politics
Cannabis policy input pleasing, says DPP
Boer prisoners author Benbow dies at 85
Fubler faces ban after Bay meltdown
Paget roadworks delayed until Wednesday
Take Our Poll