Nothing to do in Bermuda?
Feb 8, 2016 8:00 am
• Can’t go another year in an unhealthy relationship? You know you deserve better but can’t seem to break free? Feel like you keep going in circles with the same old issues? Are you ready to start living a drama free and peaceful life? Do you feel helpless and like no one understands? If any of these resonate with you, then help is available at the Fresh Start: Relationship Education for Women course, starting on Thursday, February 18th.
Feb 1, 2016 8:00 am
• The Church Girls’ Brigade and Boys’ Brigade are holding their popular fundraising Valentine’s Fair and Car Wash at St Paul’s Church Hall on Saturday, February 13. From 10am until 4pm, you can browse stalls with include baked goods, books, DVDs, “nearly new” goods, plants and more. Lunch will also be offered, including delicious home-made soups, chili, hotdogs, codfish balls and chicken wingettes. The car wash is $15 for small- and...
Jan 18, 2016 8:00 am
•Learn from financial experts about money management at a Banking & Budgeting Seminar on Thursday, January 28.
Start the New Year off on the right foot by learning how effective budgeting and banking can help you to maintain control of your finances and achieve your goals.
This seminar is being held at The Sunshine League PLACE (Personal Learning Assistance Centre) at 27 King Street from 5.30pm until 7pm and is aimed at those...
Jan 11, 2016 8:00 am
• Spectators and players alike are welcome at the Bermuda Open Singles Darts Championship at the BAA Clubhouse on Monday, January 18. This Cat 1 ranking points tournament is open to all players, male and female, over 18. The tournament will be in a 501 Singles Format, best of of 5 Legs, with a straight start / double finish. Players will throw for the bullseye to start and then the winner throws first in Leg 1, 3, and 5, while the loser...
Dec 28, 2015 8:00 am
•Start off the New Year by doing something good for your mind, body and spirit by starting Tai Chi classes every Tuesday from January 5.
These will run from 5.30pm until 7pm at Sankofa The Wellness Center.
The cost is $120 for the month.
For more information, or to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Now in its 10th year of making your sides hurt with laughter, Just for Laughs Bermuda is returning to the...
Dec 21, 2015 8:00 am
• The Reefs invites you to come ring in the New Year with them with one of two options on Thursday, December 31. Firstly, from 6pm, you can join them for dinner then drinks and dancing to the tunes of DJ Travis. The cost is $115 per person, plus gratuities. The dinner will also be included in their special NYE staycation package which, for the price of $399 plus tax and gratuities, includes the room, dinner and party, and breakfast the next...
Dec 7, 2015 11:43 pm
• Feel the force with your movie friends at a BIFF Star Wars Special Showing on Saturday, December 19. This private viewing on behalf of the BIFFs Trust will take place at Speciality Cinema & Grill at 9.30pm.
Tickets are $35 and available from www.pTix.bm. For more information, contact email@example.com.
• Learn how to make some sweet treats from the experts at a Pastry Cooking Class at the Hamilton Princess on Sunday,...
Nov 30, 2015 8:00 am
• The Continental Society of Bermuda invites you to join them for the 12 Martinis of Christmas at The Grand on Friday, December 11. From 6pm until 8pm, kick off the Christmas party season with a selection of holiday cocktails. Tickets are $55 and, although they will be available on the door, advance purchase is recommended. Your generous support will enable to assist Bermuda’s youth. For more information, or to purchase advance tickets,...
Nov 16, 2015 8:00 am
• The Bermuda Chamber of Commerce presents Is Retirement Achievable in Bermuda: A Panel Discussion on Tuesday, November 24. The long-term shift from traditional defined benefit pensions to defined contribution plans has placed significant responsibility and challenges on retirees to successfully generate lifetime retirement income. From 8am until 10am at the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, they will explore the current contributory pension scheme...
Nov 9, 2015 8:00 am
• The November edition of the Department of Community & Cultural Affairs’ Historical Heartbeats Lecture Series will be Excerpts from Fabric and Other Bermudian Films on Tuesday, November 17. From 6pm in the World Heritage Centre Theatre in St George’s, Bermudian film-maker Milton Raposo will screen excerpts from his forthcoming film Fabric, an exploration of the culture of our Island’s Portuguese community. He will also show clips from...
Oct 26, 2015 8:00 am
• Bermuda College Library presents ‘Island Flames’, a book signing and presentation by Jonathan D. Smith on Wednesday, November 4.
‘Island Flames’ is a major new book on the murders, execution and racial riots of the 1960s and 1970s. This will be from 6.30pm until 8pm in the Bermuda College Library and light refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Shelley Riley on 236-9000 ext. 4381 or...
Aug 31, 2015 8:00 am
• Quiet your mind and find inner peace and tranquility at the free Meditation Workshop on Wednesday, September 9. From 6pm until 7.30pm in Room 404 of the International Centre on Bermudiana Road, you will learn how yoga sound meditation helps to deeply relax the mind and control negative emotions. Come and learn how to make your heart peaceful and happy through meditation with breath, bead meditation and chanting meditation. Admission...
Aug 24, 2015 8:00 am
• Enjoy nature’s laser light show aboard the ‘Ana Luna’, as they invite you to join them for a Glow Worms Safari on Monday, August 31, and Tuesday, September 30. This exotic evening on the seas will begin when the boat departs from the dock at Grotto Bay at 6.30pm. After enjoying the sunset, you can witness the glow-in-the-dark mating ritual of these unusual creatures, performed two and three days after the full moon during the warmer months.
Aug 3, 2015 8:00 am
• Promising yet another lively and thought-provoking night out, PechaKucha Bermuda is hosting its 12th Edition on Thursday, August 13, at the Young Men’s Social Club on Angle Street. PechaKucha Bermuda is a simple, effective and entertaining way of telling a story or idea. There are usually eight presenters and each presenter shows 20 images to accompany their presentation, for each image the presenter can only speak for 20 seconds.
Jul 27, 2015 8:00 am
• Come out for an evening to learn all about gigs and gig racing at the latest in the BUEI Talks series, Bermuda Pilot Gig Project on Tuesday, August 4. This event will include special presentations by competitive gig boat rower Steve Lock, Society president Rick Spurling and organiser Debbie Jones. The lecture will start at 7.30pm in the Tradewinds Auditorium and Harbourfront is offering a 10 per cent discount (food only) to anyone dining...
Jun 22, 2015 8:00 am
• Good family fun is in store in St George’s at the 20th Annual Portuguese Festival of the Holy Spirit on Saturday and Sunday, July 4 and 5.This will take place in King’s Square from from 7pm until 11pm on the Saturday and from 5pm until 11pm on the Sunday. Local entertainment will be provided by the Travellers, Caroline Araujo and Friends, Portuguese Folklore Dancers, Filipino Dancers, Vasco Da Gama Dancers, Sara Pacheco, Michelle Madeira,...
Jun 8, 2015 8:00 am
• The Midland Heights SDA Church invites you to The Amazing Grace Community Fun Day at Shelly Bay Field on Monday, June 15. From noon until 6pm, you can enjoy an amazing day with free snowballs, free popcorn, free haircuts, free massages, free food vouchers and clothing, a food court, fun castle, train, games for all, soccer, cricket, archery, a concert and more. Part of the proceeds will go to the Centre Against Abuse. For more information,...
Jun 1, 2015 8:00 am
• Calling all alumni of PRIDE Bermuda and Y2Y. Whether you were a volunteer, former staff, or youth participant, you are invited to reconnect at the 1st PRIDE Bermuda and Y2Y Alumni Reception on Thursday, June 11. PRIDE Bermuda has impacted the lives of Bermudian Youth of over 25 Years, so from 5.30pm until 7.30pm, you can share laughs and memories from days gone by supporting an organisation that shaped our future.You are also encouraged to...
May 11, 2015 8:00 am
As part of their mission to provide continuous education and information to their members, as well as the general public, Colonial Pension Services will be hosting an Investment Seminar / Lunch and Learn on Thursday, May 21. From 1pm in the Anglican Cathedral Church Hall on Church Street, they will focus on the specific needs of those individuals aged between 20 and 45 through an investment seminar presented by MFS Investment Managers.
Apr 13, 2015 8:00 am
Start on a journey towards putting love back into perspective and establishing healthy relationships with yourself and others at He Loves Me ... He Loves Me Not, starting on the 1st floor of the BIU Building on Monday, April 20 from 6pm until 7.30pm. This is a 12-week programme to help women break free from a failed relationship and live the life they deserve. The price is $120 and the registration deadline is Saturday, April 17. For more...
Apr 6, 2015 8:00 am
Art enthusiasts of all levels can enjoy an opportunity to drink and create with Masterworks’ Artist in Residence Lindsay Hopkins-Weld at Whet Your Palette on Wednesday, April 15th. From 5.30pm until 7.30pm, you will sip on hand-selected wines while Lindsay demonstrates the use of water colours. Participants are asked to bring an image with contrasting colours. The cost is $50 for members or $60 for non-members, which includes all materials...
Mar 30, 2015 8:00 am
Enjoy a wonderful evening at the UNESCO World Heritage Site as you join in with the 200th anniversary celebration of Pilot “Jemmy” Darrell in the Town of St George on Saturday, April 11. From 6.30pm until 9.30pm, you can learn about “Jemmy” and other great historic facts about St George. There will be a scavenger hunt for all to enjoy, along with live entertainment and an exhibit in the town hall. This event is free and open to the public.
Mar 24, 2015 8:00 am
If you have children between the ages of 10 and 14 who would love to discover the wonders of the ocean and its influence on life on Earth, then you may be interested in registering them in the Dolphin Quest Ocean Adventure Camp, a series of one-week camps running during mid-term breaks. Students will learn about dolphins and other diverse life forms in the first in a series of unique camps that celebrate marine life and inspire future ocean...
Mar 16, 2015 8:00 am
A great evening of food and drink is in store at Taste 141’s Wine Pairing Dinner on Tuesday, March 24. From 6.30pm until 9.30pm, you can enjoy a delicious five-course dinner in a great atmosphere, beautifully paired with wines provided by Gosling’s. The ticket price is $120 and space is limited. Reservations are required. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 292-0777.
Watch dogs of different breeds and sizes compete...
Mar 9, 2015 8:00 am
US Consul General Bob Settje and Bishop Nicholas Dill invite you to a free public concert featuring the Harvard Krokodiloes and the Radcliffe Pitches. Harvard in Hamilton for the Hungry IX will be on Tuesday, March 17, at the Anglican Cathedral, Church Street, from 12.15pm until 1.15pm. Voluntary donations will be collected by the Bermuda Eliza DoLittle Society to help those who are hungry. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or...
Mar 2, 2015 11:38 pm
Our breath is our constant companion, yet seldom do we realise how powerful a tool it is for healing the body and focusing the mind.
Control of breath leads to optimal health and vitality, as well as mental balance and clarity. Learning how to breathe properly is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and successful life. The Power of Breath, a six-week course starting at the Yoga Centre on Friday, March 13, will include Theory and...
Feb 23, 2015 8:00 am
Starting Saturday, March 7, at 3pm, The Yoga Centre on Victoria Street is offering a two-part, 12-week Beginners Yoga Course for those who are new to yoga or with limited experience and practise.
The course is designed to provide the basic principles of yoga beneficial for safe and renewed practise, introduce alternate options for various body types, and develop awareness and build confidence in the practise of yoga specific to...
Pitbull attacks young boy
Rising anger in our community – Curb
Cashier shaken after armed robbery
Same-sex marriage issue stirs passions
New practice to fill gap in medical services
MP’s pancake fundraiser for new wheelchair
Eco Diva Channa channels natural beauty
Decision will heighten tensions in community
Companies with no health insurance named
Divided but peaceful: hundreds at Cabinet
Designer’s all-black style goes global
Executive badly injured in UK robbery
Tributes to ‘caring and giving’ bus driver
Bermies founder expands swim shorts range
Fire destroys four vehicles in Sandys
‘Immaculate’ group of apartments on offer
Take Our Poll