The arithmetic is simple but compelling. In Bermuda, 43 per cent of Government spending goes toward public sector salaries and benefits.
So very close to half the Government Budget is already earmarked for payroll and associated expenses...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Thursday Jan 29, 2015 8:00 am
The One Bermuda Alliance was elected to office based in part on promises to restore order and a sense of fiscal responsibility...
- Jan 28, 2015 8:00 am
Ernest Hemingway only got it partly right.
Not only does nobody feel sorry for a pampered girl crying on a yacht, nobody...
- Jan 27, 2015 8:00 am
Even by today’s deplorable standards, some of the venom being aimed at the Bermuda Tourism Authority seems entirely excessive...
- Jan 24, 2015 8:00 am
It’s proved to be an extremely abbreviated victory lap for the Corporation of Hamilton. Just months ago the Home Affairs...
- Jan 23, 2015 8:00 am
Inscribed on Dr Martin Luther King Jr’s tombstone is a verse from the Book of Genesis: “They said to one another, ‘Behold,...
- Jan 20, 2015 8:00 am
Politicians are a risk-averse breed as a rule.
Not for them any grand deed or word, any principled beau geste, which...
- Jan 17, 2015 8:00 am
Bermuda used to be as much a state of mind as a mid-Atlantic micro-state, a community of shared values, shared duties and...
- Jan 16, 2015 8:00 am
What Stuart Hayward and Dr Wolfgang Sterrer so aptly termed “Bermuda’s delicate balance” in the early 1980s has more than once...
- Jan 14, 2015 8:00 am
When he wasn’t busy lauding Bermuda as an earthly paradise, Mark Twain tended to take a highly sceptical view of organised...
- Jan 10, 2015 8:00 am
Assassination has been described as the ultimate form of censorship. The simple, brutal truth of that observation was brought...
- Jan 8, 2015 8:00 am
- MPs do too much campaigning, too little governing
- Transport system’s hardened arteries
- A resolution worth keeping, Bermuda
- A Christmas gift to Bermuda
- The true meaning of Christmas
- A political pantomime
- Born with a gift of laughter
- Ellison: a fine fit for Bermuda
- The race is under way
- Rethinking public education
- America’s Cup: A fight to the finish
- Sense and sensitivity
- Overthrowing the “Monarchy of Fear”
- Lest we forget
Cuts totalling $6.4 million agreed
Dismay over church event with ‘ex-gays’
Boat sinks near Cavello Bay
Community pay bill for injured Whiskers
Car crashes outside Devonshire Church
Anger over street lighting outages
Take Our Poll
- Which of the following best describes your opinion on how Senior Civil Servant job positions should be granted?
- Senior civil servants should be appointed on a temporary contract renewable basis.
- Senior civil servants should continue to be appointed on a permanent basis
- Don't Know
- Total Votes: 2155
- Poll Archive