It was as remarkable and powerful a piece of presidential oratory as many of us have witnessed in our lifetimes, a transcendent moment in a profoundly transformational period in modern history.
Barack Obama, coming off a watershed week in...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Jul 1, 2015 8:00 am
As America observed the centenary of the outbreak of its Civil War in 1961, the Bermuda Historical Monuments Trust —...
- Jun 26, 2015 8:00 am
The opening shots of the American Civil War were fired at Fort Sumter outside Charleston, South Carolina, in 1861 when troops...
- Jun 25, 2015 8:00 am
Death, admonished the poet John Donne, be not proud.
“Mighty and dreadful” though it is considered to be, death’s power...
- Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am
The thunder of gunfire in a historic Charleston church is echoing throughout Bermuda today. So are the howls of anguish and...
- Jun 19, 2015 8:00 am
Given the right tools and the proper determination, individuals can accomplish even the most seemingly impossible...
- Jun 18, 2015 8:00 am
Between regular visits to Bermuda in the early years of the 20th century, Mark Twain found time to dash off a droll letter to...
- Jun 12, 2015 8:00 am
Long overdue reforms to a Dickensian legal system. Pending hikes in health insurance premiums. A potentially seismic shift in...
- Jun 10, 2015 8:00 am
The jaunty lyrics of the Disney song notwithstanding, the actor’s life is very rarely a “Hi-diddle-dee-dee!” existence. And...
- Jun 6, 2015 8:00 am
The first rule of politics is generally understood to mean respecting your voters.
But recently unveiled legislation...
- Jun 5, 2015 8:00 am
Bermuda is now one of more than 20 countries where thousands of people take part in annual Relay For Life events. Organisers...
- Jun 1, 2015 8:00 am
- Experience: a lantern on the stern
- Bermuda, a cuckoo kind of place . . .
- Opposition’s first loyalty is to the people
- Informed voters: a prerequisite of democracy
- The beginning of the end of economic woes
- America’s Cup: adjust sails, steer windward
- The fast and the furious leads to fatalities
- Personal faith cannot dictate public policy
- Intolerance sanctions warrants for genocide
- Ringing curtain down on a chaotic burlesque
- Celebrating Regiment’s 50 years of service
- Putting public interest before self-interest
- Marketing the Bermuda state of mind
- We must be in the business of doing business
Community pray for shooting victim
Burglar a ‘good guy’ says restaurant owner
Services threatened by cash crunch – Gosling
Making the big events work for Bermuda
Family firm marks two centuries in business
Developer talks about restaurant plan
Lightbourn starring in Maybelline commercial
House: $15 million spent on lawyers
Take Our Poll