There are times when you can well understand why Bermuda so appealed to David Letterman’s highly developed sense of the absurd.
The late night talk show host, who signed off earlier this week after a 33 year career on NBC and CBS, famously...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday May 22, 2015 8:00 am
When the term “Loyal Opposition” was first introduced in the British parliament in 1826, it was greeted with more derision...
- May 20, 2015 8:00 am
Wishful thinking clearly dies hard when it comes to the chronically bad behaviour of our political parties.
- May 15, 2015 8:00 am
Bermuda’s political and business leaders have, by and large, resisted the temptation to issue any premature declarations of...
- Apr 30, 2015 8:00 am
John F Kennedy was the consummate helmsman, figuratively and literally. His long political career, first as a Congressman and...
- Apr 28, 2015 8:00 am
Before they took their rental mopeds out on the roads for the first time, local livery cycle operators in the 1960s and ‘70s...
- Apr 21, 2015 8:00 am
In a civil society like Bermuda, one where the liberties and privileges of citizens are protected by constitutional authority...
- Apr 18, 2015 8:00 am
Seventy years ago today — April 15, 1945 — British troops entered the fairy tale town of Celle in Lower Saxony and abruptly...
- Apr 15, 2015 8:00 am
For the last three years the Corporation of Hamilton’s actions have brought to mind an endlessly meandering joke in search of...
- Apr 14, 2015 8:00 am
One of the major events to celebrate the creation of the modern Bermuda Regiment took place yesterday.
- Apr 13, 2015 8:00 am
Sir John Swan recently proposed Bermuda convene a round table of political, corporate and community leaders to determine...
- Apr 11, 2015 8:00 am
- Marketing the Bermuda state of mind
- We must be in the business of doing business
- Bermuda – ‘The Easter Isle’
- Lowering Bermuda’s political temperature
- Exercising real people power
- Winning the PR war
- A charismatic champion of social justice
- The buck must stop somewhere
- Attack straight out of jihadist drill book
- Launching a Zeppelin-sized trial balloon
- ‘There Are No More Islands, Any More’
- Enemy that knows no borders and has no mercy
- Where hard truths come wrapped in soft packaging
- Reconciling our expectations with reality
- Omnishambles: Bermuda’s on-again, off-again Ag Show
- Living within substantially reduced means
- Dressing their words in borrowed robes
Estwanik claims sixth win
Preschool claims top parade honour
Party time at annual Bermuda Day Parade
Lawrence and Williams claim titles
Take Our Poll