It is to be hoped that Mother Nature has got her rains in early and we can now enjoy two bright and sunny days of Cup Match cricket at Wellington Oval without interruption. So what of the cricket? Little of that has been mentioned in this space...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Jul 29, 2015 8:00 am
Hearkening back to the jargon of his military days, Colin Powell once referred to optimism as the ultimate “force multiplier”...
- Jul 28, 2015 8:00 am
This is Cup Match week. The teams have been selected, St George’s Cricket Club and its grounds are being made to look smart,...
- Jul 27, 2015 8:00 am
With all the fuss being made over Eastern Counties cricket and over issues of good governance, there is an overriding concern...
- Jul 24, 2015 8:00 am
The debate about our population and the economy needs to happen without further ado. Make no mistake, this issue relates...
- Jul 23, 2015 8:00 am
Mark Twain is as inextricably linked with the emergence of modern Bermuda as he is with the Mississippi River, whitewashing...
- Jul 22, 2015 8:00 am
When sport hits the front pages, the expectation is that it is for the exceedingly good news.
Flora Duffy at the Pan...
- Jul 20, 2015 8:00 am
Two weeks today, the camp of Somerset or St George’s will approach the second day of Cup Match feeling pretty good about their...
- Jul 17, 2015 8:00 am
Government’s argument that the America’s Cup will be a boon to the Island’s economy has so far failed to convince about half...
- Jul 16, 2015 8:00 am
The early-morning robbery that took place in Warwick on Monday, while not necessarily an eye-opener, was yet another stark...
- Jul 15, 2015 8:00 am
How much are those doggies in the window? The ones pressing their noses oh-so adorably against the glass. The ones cavorting...
- Jul 14, 2015 8:00 am
- Medal a fitting reward for superb Duffy
- This disease is colour-blind and it’s killing us
- Legal restrictions on defamatory material
- Pan Am team can fuel our love of winning
- Bermudian matriarch of a Hollywood dynasty
- The world is changing and we have to adapt
- Roadway to a better world
- Shouldering the burden of history
- A potent symbol in the iconography of hate
- Death, be not proud: four of Bermuda’s best
- Hope must not be casualty of church massacre
- Local heroes who send out ripples of hope
- Moral Courage and Hankering to Learn Truth
- Declare independence from heated rhetoric
- Bermudians hold their own on world stage
- Demonstrating some sense and sensitivity
- Thousands celebrate, remember and fight back
- Experience: a lantern on the stern
- Bermuda, a cuckoo kind of place . . .
- Opposition’s first loyalty is to the people
- Informed voters: a prerequisite of democracy
Take Our Poll