Bermuda logged a massive $20 billion-plus in deals in the last quarter of 2014 — the highest amount of any offshore jurisdiction.
And experts predicted “merger mania” would continue into this year as firms rush to consolidate.
- FULL ARTICLE
- Thursday Feb 26, 2015 12:50 pm
A Bermuda firm is to expand its business into wealth management.
EFG International — which specialised in investment...
- Feb 26, 2015 8:00 am
NEW YORK (Bloomberg) — Meredith Whitney won an early victory in her battle to save her hedge fund as a judge said investor...
- Feb 26, 2015 8:00 am
Britain would hammer financial services professionals who help clients avoid tax under a new law, a Liberal Democrat Treasury...
- Feb 23, 2015 8:00 am
Bermuda’s regulatory and legal environment were recognised at a recent conference in Costa Rica that attracted leading private...
- Feb 23, 2015 5:55 pm
NEW YORK (Bloomberg) — The biggest investor in Meredith Whitney’s hedge fund moved a lawsuit seeking to recoup its $46 million...
- Feb 20, 2015 8:00 am
Norway-listed chemical shipper Eitzen Chemical has urged its shareholders to accept an exchange offer that will see the...
- Feb 19, 2015 11:00 am
More than $609 million in Bermuda-linked money was found in leaked documents about HSBC’s controversial Swiss private...
- Feb 17, 2015 8:00 am
Would-be British Prime Minister Ed Miliband has sparked a storm of protest after he declared war on Bermuda and other Overseas...
- Feb 11, 2015 8:00 am
Bermuda’s well-documented financial services regulation, international partnership treaties, and lack of bank secrecy...
- Feb 10, 2015 1:59 pm
Bermuda has launched a bid to drum up business in the former Soviet Union.
A group from the Bermuda Business Development...
- Feb 10, 2015 8:00 am
- Govt: Obama’s tax plans unlikely to happen
- Obama’s tax plan seen as ‘opening bid’
- Island law firm named in anti-fracking funding controversy
- Bermuda start-up Trunomi named in FinTech50
- Appleby picks up award for ARC work
- Bermuda’s Islamic insurance opportunity
- PwC Bermuda boss: Disruptive change coming
- Tannock named new ABIC chairman
- Italy tax-dodging probe leads to Bermuda
- Bermuda tanker operators’ shares surge as oil plunges
- Hedge-fund women group mulls Island branch
- Billionaire sues Whitney in Bermuda court
- Sun Life plans 30 new jobs over two years
- Bacardi gives cautious welcome to US-Cuba thaw
- BDA targets business from London
- Silicon Island? Google may be coming
- Ignition CEO sees growth on ‘rising tide of positivity’
- Island-based firm in bid to buy Canary Wharf
- Appleby named official law firm of America’s Cup
- ABIC: Cup will lead to ‘substantial’ investment
- Cup can showcase Island’s business excellence
- Butterfield named Bermuda’s Bank of the Year
Police treat terrorist graffiti as ‘serious’
Dry-cleaning business up for sale for $2.5m
Premier’s official residence up for rent
Morgan’s Point ready for a new chapter
Nine-year-old whizz kid builds own website
Mother ‘reluctant to report abuse to Police’
Supermarkets’ 10 per cent discount day ends
Hundreds hail return of reggae dancehall
Have wheel, will travel
Jailed son of former Premier in civil case
Losing weight changed my life
Schoolgirl tells jury about sexual abuse
Tracing how Bermuda stone built US city
Cricket bosses on verge of suspending US
Take Our Poll
- Which of the following best describes your opinion on how Senior Civil Servant job positions should be granted?
- Senior civil servants should be appointed on a temporary contract renewable basis.
- Senior civil servants should continue to be appointed on a permanent basis
- Don't Know
- Total Votes: 2155
- Poll Archive