Reinsurance firm PartnerRe has topped a list of America’s 50 most trustworthy financial-services companies drawn up by a prestige business magazine.
Insurer and reinsurer Axis, which came fifth on the list, also featured in last year’s top...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Aug 28, 2015 8:00 am
A boom in mergers and buyups in the reinsurance industry is set to continue into next year.
Ratings agency Standard...
- Aug 28, 2015 8:00 am
A $100 million catastrophe bond to cover Turkey against earthquakes has been set up in Bermuda.
Now the Turkish...
- Aug 28, 2015 8:00 am
Blue Capital Global Reinsurance Fund Ltd saw the net asset value of its ordinary shares increase by 1.9 per cent in the first...
- Aug 27, 2015 8:00 am
Fitch Ratings believes that the emerging trend of catastrophe bond issuance will catch on in the Asia-Pacific region,...
- Aug 26, 2015 8:00 am
Amlin is not looking for a buyer, its chief executive officer Charles Philipps said in a conference call yesterday.
- Aug 25, 2015 8:00 am
Almost 40 women with prominent positions in the insurance and reinsurance sector in Bermuda have been featured in a special...
- Aug 24, 2015 1:21 pm
MADRID (Bloomberg) — A rare insurance deal gave Borussia Dortmund, Germany’s only publicly traded football club, a financial...
- Aug 24, 2015 8:00 am
The holding company for two Bermuda firms is to discontinue in Bermuda and base itself in Switzerland.
- Aug 21, 2015 8:00 am
The president and CEO of Blue Capital Management has quit in the wake of the merger between Montpelier Re and...
- Aug 20, 2015 8:00 am
Bermuda’s reinsurers may face huge payouts in the wake of a massive chemical explosion in a Chinese port that claimed more...
- Aug 19, 2015 8:00 am
- Crop insurance claims jump in US
- Richardson named as Ace graduate trainee
- BMA hails ‘vote of confidence’ from US body
- Companies step up to the wicket
- RenRe scholarship for Robinson Perinchief
- Insured losses fall as hurricane cycle cools
- Island signs up for hurricane insurance
- Bermuda pair eye crop insurance auction
- Agency withdraws ratings at PaCRe’s request
- XL acquires US entertainment insurer
- Third Point’s Loeb sees energy credit opportunity
- Talbot hires new political risk expert
- Enstar earnings slide
- Guy Carpenter: soft market to drive more M&A
- XL launches $1bn share buy-back
- Endurance lets go 40 ex-Montpelier staff – source
- Insurance firms pumped $900m into economy
- Texas weather dents Third Point Re profit
- Maiden Holdings reports favourable revenue trends
- PartnerRe downgraded after Exor deal
- Arch will not bid for Axis – report
- Argo profits fall 28%
- Endurance to keep nearly half Montpelier staff
- Exor wins out in PartnerRe bidding war
- Axis to accelerate share buy-backs
- XL Catlin hit by $60m in catastrophe losses
- Endurance profits rise by $1m
- McGill joins Argo Group
- PartnerRe agrees to Exor takeover
- Advisory firms weigh in on PartnerRe options
- Endurance completes Montpelier Re acquisition
- Lancashire CEO not convinced by mergers
- MMC sees US domicile as tax disadvantage
- Validus takes $48m hit from oil rig blast
- Axis posts net income of $94m
- Chinese firm to buy reinsurer Sirius
- Blue Capital’s Pollett sees stabilising market
- PartnerRe posts $103m loss
- Hiscox’s Childs believes in organic growth
- Aspen falls short of analysts’ estimates
‘Anaemic’ recovery period under way
Public urged not to share crime footage
Teen ‘did not raise a hand’ to accused
Flooded landlord keeping wet weather at bay
Artemis granted permission to build base
Stopping teacher transfers a ‘lesser evil’
Campaign can dish it out but can’t take it
Masterworks ranked among best island museums
Have you felt the economy improve?
DC names Bermuda on tax haven list
Plane makes emergency landing in Bermuda
Ministry changes to ‘fatally wound’ BPTSA
Ice cream sellers seeing summer uptick
Teacher discovers the magic of Thailand
Three-year road ban for second DUI offence
Potential visitors enticed by ‘adventures’
Take Our Poll