Those of you who read my articles know I attend a number of conferences on human resources and talent development each year. I also review the literature both hard copy and on line. When I attend talks or read articles on the topic I can’t help...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Tuesday Feb 9, 2016 8:00 am
Clocks. We all have access to many varieties of timepieces including our phones, fitness bracelets, our computers — they seem to be everywhere! The challenge for all of us is to learn to use them when necessary and not to be constantly reminded...
- Feb 9, 2016 8:00 am
- Measuring your goals
- Focus on what is important
- Make this a better year
- Appreciate what you have this Christmas
- Commit to change
- Health – our top asset
- Enthusiasm is a crucial ingredient
- Learning will spark ideas
Since the onset of the Great Recession and the growth of significant unemployment in Bermuda, many Bermudians have understood...
- Feb 2, 2016 8:00 am
The World Economic Forum took place last week and the theme of this year’s gathering of the world’s...
- Jan 26, 2016 8:00 am
Discover. Who are you? How do you define and describe yourself to others? Do you have a clear vision as to who you want to be,...
- Jan 26, 2016 8:00 am
As new year’s resolutions go, this one will put your “clean out my inbox” or “lose 15 pounds” to shame.
- Jan 12, 2016 8:00 am
Dare2Be might just be Carol Smith’s last hope.
She is one of 13 women the charity is helping prepare for the job...
- Dec 29, 2015 8:00 am
Parliaments make laws and courts interpret them. Recently, the Supreme Court has been very active in interpreting laws,...
- Dec 8, 2015 8:00 am
Apple‘s approach to interviewing job applicants has been getting a lot of publicity recently. Evidently, the style and range...
- Nov 24, 2015 8:00 am
In business we often see success and failure as two polar opposites. Business promotes not on the basis of leaders who can...
- Nov 3, 2015 8:00 am
In the second of a three-part series, change-management expert Andre Labonte, who is a guest lecturer at Bermuda College,...
- Oct 27, 2015 8:00 am
In the first of a three-part series, change-management expert Andre Labonte, who is a guest lecturer at Bermuda College,...
- Oct 13, 2015 8:00 am
- How a bit of fun can help to keep staff motivated
- Why persistent latecomers are so annoying
- What is the best time of the working day to take a break?
- Survey suggests childish behaviour is common in the workplace
- Tips on management from three of the best
- Handling change in business
- Do not surround yourself with ‘yes’ people
- How your workplace affects your weekend mood
- Looking for a job while pregnant
- Pay attention to these military HR tips
- Robots as talent — collaboration, not competition
- Simplification of work – the coming revolution
- People data everywhere — bring the outside in
- Millennials crave flexibility
- Options for dealing with conflict in the workplace
- HR and people analytics — stuck in neutral
- Performance management, reinvented
- Workforce on demand: Are you ready?
- Your organisational culture is public knowledge
- A good learning system engages employees
- Open-plan offices — adding to distractions?
- BEDC register place costs $100 – here’s why
- What the work permit rules mean
Civil union legislation plans unveiled
Neighbour rejects father’s dog attack claims
Hotel gains portion of disputed land
‘Staggered approach’ to immigration best
Bermuda clothing label builds on growth
Coconut palm trees don’t suit us
Valentine’s Day: are you feeling the love?
Pathways to residency question
Dad of attacked boy angry at bystanders
Sports shop moves into its third home
Primary school fights to stay open
Attack on immigration policy ‘ridiculous’
Remembering a ‘superstar’ radio personality
Marriage vote call has overseas precedent
Pink café to close temporarily
Challenges of striking a work-life balance
Take Our Poll