The Bermuda Cricket Board took care of one piece of important business at its annual meeting last Thursday night, when the book was officially closed on Allan Douglas, with Paul Ross, of Somerset Bridge Recreation Club, being elected to fill the...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Monday Nov 30, 2015 8:00 am
We live at a time when long-established cultural norms are increasingly being questioned. It’s a time when once seemingly...
- Nov 27, 2015 8:00 am
Retirement should be a pleasant prospect, replete with relaxation after a hard few decades’ work, more time with loved ones,...
- Nov 26, 2015 8:00 am
It’s a word that, these days, seems to weave its way into so many phrases, as ubiquitous as any. Mere mention of “security”...
- Nov 24, 2015 8:00 am
Three incidents in the past 14 months have led to sport in this country being suspended, albeit very temporarily — the...
- Nov 20, 2015 8:00 am
Every Bermudian has a right to feel angry and disgusted by the findings of the Auditor-General’s report for the fiscal years...
- Nov 19, 2015 8:00 am
“No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main ...”
- Nov 18, 2015 8:00 am
Within two to three years, the doors will open into Bermuda’s first casino, changing the face of the Island for...
- Nov 17, 2015 8:00 am
It is with no little satisfaction and a sizeable helping of humility that we can now signal the death knell for dark-tinted...
- Nov 16, 2015 8:00 am
Data released by the Bermuda Government last week affirmed that we are out of recession. Gross domestic product — the sum of...
- Nov 13, 2015 8:00 am
At the stroke of 11am yesterday, Bermuda fell silent for two minutes to honour our war dead.
The tradition dates from...
- Nov 11, 2015 1:27 pm
- Pseudos there? Pen names and the endgame
- Occasionally Bermuda does lead the world
- Lest we forget our war heroes
- Eating habits push cancer risk into the red
- Life lessons from supposed ‘egg chasers’
- Tianjin tragedy is very much our business
- ‘The island where time stood still ...’
- America’s Cup: a catalyst for social change?
- Rangers one key win from being great again
- Gang culture is one cancer we must cure
- Boost in economic confidence heartening news
- Ensuring social justice for all
- AC and Bermuda: show-stopping dance partners
- Mega events critical to Island’s wellbeing
- America’s Cup: selling the Bermuda brand
- Bermuda’s weapons of ‘mass distraction’
- Focus on youth ensures our cup runneth over
- Why KeyTech deal is good for consumers
- Diana Douglas: all the world was her stage
- We’re not immune to the winds of change
- Rich social value of seniors
- No such thing as premature antifascism
- Taming the wild
- Largely unknown history of Mary Prince
- Our salute to Bermuda’s great employers
- New school year, same old problems
- Can commercial immigration work for Bermuda?
- No sun intended: it’s the visor we’re after, not the helmet
- So where’s the beef, Bermuda?
- Being robbed blind by acts of savagery
- Real tragedy is this could happen every day
- Economic inequality should not be ignored
- When the times they were a-changin’
- The dangerous lure of populist politics
Questions lingering over Bean’s future
Couple celebrate marriage by cliff jumping
Same-sex speaker: Talks refusal unfortunate
Moniz-DeSouza’s comments do nothing but harm
Celebration of ‘momentous’ career milestone
Doctor’s journey from farm to neonatal unit
Artemis on course with new test boats
Marina legislation to be tabled in new year
Casino opening ‘not around the corner’
‘Game of Thrones’ actor falls for Bermuda
Regiment death: man remains in custody
Proposal for new air ambulance service
New bridge is part of Railway Trail project
Summerhaven: mismanagement claims dismissed
Cup skipper nearly loses foot in accident
Sweet smell of online success for perfumery
Take Our Poll