The Human Rights Commission has been invited to make submissions over controversial amendments to immigration legislation.
The HRC and home affairs minister Walton Brown released a joint statement yesterday, in which they said they had held...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Oct 18, 2017 1:31 pm
The Bermuda Government has retained 65 overseas legal services at a total cost of $24.5 million since 2013, according to Kathy...
- Oct 18, 2017 10:59 am
A group campaigning on immigration reform have joined the call to withdraw planned legislative amendments.
- Oct 18, 2017 10:53 am
Governor, John Rankin, has fired Freddie Evans from his position as education commissioner, it was confirmed...
- Oct 17, 2017 8:00 am
Proposed changes to give immigration law priority over human rights legislation is a “blunderbuss” approach, Shadow...
- Oct 16, 2017 8:00 am
David Burt fought Bermuda’s corner on tax in an interview on Britain’s BBC World News.
The Premier, also Minister of...
- Oct 14, 2017 12:01 am
The Bermuda Economic Development Corporation used just a third of its guarantee capacity to support businesses last...
- Oct 14, 2017 8:00 am
The Minister of Home Affairs has dismissed calls for withdrawing a new Bill giving priority to the Immigration and Protection...
- Oct 12, 2017 8:00 am
Wayne Furbert has replaced Senator Vance Campbell as the Junior Minister of Finance.
Mr Furbert, MP for Hamilton West,...
- Oct 9, 2017 12:01 am
David Burt says he held a positive meeting with OECD Secretary General Ángel Gurría today.
The Premier is in Europe this...
- Oct 9, 2017 2:36 pm
David Burt, the Premier, is in Europe for meetings in London, Paris and Brussels.
In a statement issued from London, Mr...
- Oct 8, 2017 7:18 pm
- House: protecting ‘Bermuda for Bermudians’
- House: dog laws up for debate
- House: Roban pleased with London trip
- House: Weed all about it
- House: bid for cash for forts upkeep
- House: NTB ‘success stories’
- House: report on tax reform released
- Hayward reveals ‘holistic’ jobs plan
- Minister makes tour of docks
- Senate: quarantine act passes
- Senate: Hayward applauds geography book
- ‘Reduced PLP Cabinet costs taxpayers more’
- Youngest MP wants education system changes
- House: Burt reports on US trip
- House: America’s Cup ferries cost $1.6m
- House: students helped by cash grant
- House: more cash for local businesses
- Cabinet salary bill rises by $150,000
- Financial assistance unsustainable — DeSilva
- Loan guarantees for sports clubs
- Hope for jobs through sports clubs
- Fronting losses estimated at $40m
- Bermuda granted whitelist status
- Dunkley wants clarity over New York trip
- British boost for fight against gun crime
- Burt attends Black Caucus Conference
- Government outlines cybersecurity plans
- Commissiong demands apology from Gazette
- Familiar gibes surface despite new focus on collaboration
- Business legislation goes up for debate
- Kempe questions funding of new PLP initiatives
- Gordon-Pamplin claims evidence of NYC trip
- Police launch investigation into New York phone leak
- Children and families at the forefront, says Burt
- Roban welcomed on luxury liner
- BEST optimistic over green Throne pledges
- Burt dismisses ‘imaginative’ New York trip
- OBA attacks PLP’s ‘Trump-like’ politics
- Gibbons takes Burt to task over AC35 claims
- Burt: OBA omitted $13m budget spend
Lead stage role for star Herbert
Mystery over Simons at Cornerstone
From convict to carer
Four injured in road crash
Gambling with our future
Police presence wanted over city brawl
Davidge thanks family as Called to the Bar
Take Our Poll