The resolution of Bermuda’s immigration policy is “crucial” for the economy, Shadow Minister of Finance David Burt said yesterday.
“This is not an immigration issue, this is an economic issue,” he said.
“Getting it right for the...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Apr 10, 2015 8:00 am
The debate over who said what during a meeting on immigration reform held between Premier Michael Dunkley and Walton Brown,...
- Mar 31, 2015 8:00 am
Premier Michael Dunkley has claimed that Shadow Immigration Minister Walton Brown approved legislation which sparked a march...
- Mar 30, 2015 8:00 am
The Senate may have approved immigration amendments hotly opposed by the Progressive Labour Party — but Opposition senators...
- Mar 30, 2015 8:00 am
The One Bermuda Alliance will host a town hall meeting at Penno’s Wharf tonight hosted by the ruling party’s Members of...
- Mar 27, 2015 8:00 am
Hundreds of protesters interrupted last night’s sitting of the Senate to demand a “bipartisan, collaborative dialogue” on...
- Mar 26, 2015 8:00 am
New legislation has been introduced by Home Affairs Minister Michael Fahy to broaden the properties available to Permanent...
- Mar 21, 2015 1:11 am
It was both a light-hearted and solemn occasion this afternoon as the official portrait of former Premier Dr Ewart Brown was...
- Mar 20, 2015 3:42 pm
Shadow Health Minister Kim Wilson is urging Government MPs to get behind an Opposition bill designed to make it easier for...
- Mar 20, 2015 8:00 am
The Bermuda Police Service have confirmed this morning that a criminal complaint has been made by Speaker of the House Randy...
- Mar 19, 2015 11:04 am
The cost of the Grand Atlantic housing development to Government appears to be in dispute, even as legislators approved a $1.8...
- Mar 18, 2015 8:00 am
- Reliance on financial assistance grows
- Speaker offers mea culpa of sorts
- Censure motions all the rage in the House
- House: lengthy session on overspend
- Support for entrepreneurs to continue
- Burt demands House Speaker own up to ‘error’
- Cannabis caution policy set to be amended
- Concerns Supreme Court ‘potentially unsafe’
- Crockwell: Progress on roadside breath tests
- Courts hear ten ‘landmark cases’, MPs told
- PLP MPs walk out of House of Assembly
- MPs to debate their salaries
- PLP concern at ‘systemic abuse’ of job ads
- New fee for ‘.bm’ websites approved
- Fahy calls Daniels claim ‘inflammatory’
- House: Contributions to fund partially suspended
- House: Palmetto Road repairs complete ‘in months’
- House: Photographs in Parliament ‘against law’
- House: MPs trade blows over Fahy
- House of Assembly: Burgess slams PLP critics
- Daniels attacks OBA on waterfront legal fees
- House: Island ‘falls short’ on spending cuts
- Heated Dunkley denounces PLP’s record
- Pink Beach promises Bermudian jobs
- Government overspend totals $23 million
- Bean scathing over government transparency
- Burt challenges Government stimulus plan
- Pettingill aligns Reply with Sesame Street
- Scott labels Minister a ‘financial terrorist’
- House: Crockwell explains bus disruptions
- Senate: New municipalities laws passed
- Senate debates America’s Cup
- PLP: Scott must step down as junior minister
- Burt: Budget does nothing for growth
- Budget: Age Concern braced for the worst
- PLP gets busy with community in the west
- Senate: PLP critical over transparency
- Budget preview: Plea to protect environment
- Budget preview: Financial Assistance concern
- Budget preview: Construction industry wishlist
Youth living a life of entitlement
Artist’s provocative discourse on race
Struggling bluebirds need you!
Take Our Poll