A surgical first for Bermuda could help a hospital patient paralysed from the neck down breathe on his own.
And that means the young man — who has been in the King Edward VII Memorial Hospital for several years after an accident and can...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Monday Aug 25, 2014 8:00 am
The Department of Health has moved to allay fears that its free fluoride supplement programme for children could be...
- Aug 21, 2014 8:00 am
When most high school seniors visit prospective colleges they might look at the campus, or the dorms or the library, Jade...
- Aug 19, 2014 8:00 am
Final preparations are under way at the hospital’s new acute care wing ahead of next month’s opening.
- Aug 13, 2014 8:00 am
A patients’ group says the tragic case of young mother Latifa Maybury, who died from cancer after the disease went undetected...
- Aug 11, 2014 8:00 am
Health officials have confirmed that there have been no reported cases of the deadly Ebola virus on the Island, despite fears...
- Aug 9, 2014 8:00 am
Fears the chikungunya virus has reached Bermuda have been curbed after tests did not detect the infection in a suspected...
- Jul 26, 2014 8:00 am
Health costs have levelled off for the first time this decade, the Bermuda Health Council has revealed.
The curb in...
- Jul 25, 2014 8:00 am
Kyla Lowe was just 14 and preparing to start studying for her GCSEs when she was told her brother’s wife Latifa had been...
- Jul 23, 2014 8:00 am
The Court of Appeals recently upheld a ruling that the Bermuda Hospitals Board (BHB) wrongfully dismissed a hospital worker —...
- Jul 21, 2014 8:00 am
More than a quarter of residents surveyed for health have been found to have elevated blood sugar — but the community is...
- Jul 19, 2014 8:00 am
- Home birth advocates cry foul after work permit issues block midwife
- College offers information session on nursing for young people
- Cardiologist joins Heart Foundation
- Spotlight on testicular cancer
- Author to speak at HIV forum
- Urologist to depart, leaving only one on Island
- Schools are praised for promoting healthy lifestyles message
- Doctor’s absence raises cancer care fears
- Bite-size health facts campaign hailed a success
- Caribbean cases prompt mosquito virus warning
- Axis Capital gives $1m to hospital
- Kendell and White take up new roles
- Surgeons to speak at special dinner
- Health costs surge 8.2% in one year
- Health group backs Burgess’ claims
- Asthma charity critical of Opposition Leaders cannabis tea comments
- Getting sunburn as a child raises skin cancer risk by 80%
- Opportunities to discuss HIV during awareness month
- Hospital fundraising campaign is $10m short as deadline nears
- Govt Minister allowed cannabinoid oil to be imported for patient
- Survey proving its worth as health issues come to light
Man in custody over woman’s death
Former UBP leader Swan joins PLP
Cash-hit abuse shelter closes
Take Our Poll