While many scientists have been warning about potentially dire consequences of the ocean’s increasing acidity, a recent scientific paper suggested that coral reefs — such as those around Bermuda — might actually help offset ocean...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Nov 29, 20138:00 am
An environmental group has called on Government to ensure a maintenance yard being erected in Botanical Gardens doesn’t mar...
- Nov 27, 2013 8:00 am
A renowned cave researcher who spent years studying the Island’s cave systems has been awarded a Research Associate position...
- Nov 21, 2013 8:00 am
A highly-regarded environmental programme that has been introduced to millions of schoolchildren around the world is set to be...
- Nov 18, 2013 8:00 am
A United Nations-recognised programme to empower students to find ways to make the world more sustainable through action-led...
- Nov 14, 2013 8:00 am
Opportunities are being missed by overlooking environmental issues in favour of economic ones, according to environmental...
- Nov 12, 2013 8:00 am
Tycoon Sir Richard Branson is backing a proposal to turn Bermuda’s waters into a protected “no-take” marine reserve.
- Nov 8, 2013 8:00 am
Bermuda’s Exclusive Economic Zone could be almost doubled in size, according to a maritime lawyer.
And the extension...
- Nov 4, 2013 8:00 am
Residents could wind up being charged 25 cents for every plastic bag they use, if the environmental group Greenrock has its...
- Oct 26, 2013 8:00 am
Environmental charities have teamed up with local artists to create a music video aimed at discouraging the use of single-use...
- Oct 24, 2013 8:00 am
An emergency clean-up operation was launched in Hamilton Harbour following an oil spill on Tuesday night.
- Oct 23, 2013 10:46 am
- Public EEZ meeting next week
- Marine clean-up reveals tons of trash
- Panel discussion on marine reserve
- Tourist finds dead birds after Spittal Pond chicken cull
- Scott: Environmentalists tried to ‘take over’ sustainable development
- Southlands cleanups to begin
- Sustainable development project cloaked by a ‘disappointing’ silence
- Greenrock: Warming world could have a significant impact on Bermuda
- Marine reserve could generate $10m per year for Island — report
- An unusual visitor flies in from Europe
- Too many unknowns to support exploration, says Pew boss
- BEA bows out after championing environmental message for five years
- BEST calls for open spaces to be protected after Tucker’s Point goes into receivership
- Environmentalist says bigger marine reserve is the ‘only option’
- International Seakeepers Award for Bermuda-led conservation group
- Reef Watch set to become an annual event
‘It’s the saddest day of my life’
Green light for Bailey’s Bay footbridge
Premier’s staff bill is $400k a year
Boat parade traffic restrictions
Team-mate pleads with Wells to stay put
Take Our Poll