Store owner vows to stay open after gunpoint robbery
The owner of a Flatts jewellery store that was robbed at gunpoint last week has vowed to carry on with business as usual.
A robber burst into Link to Link on North Shore Road on the morning of Wednesday December 5 and took all the gold jewellery. It was the 16th anniversary of the business opening.
Owner Shane Robinson was so upset by what happened, he told this newspaper later that day: Right now I just want to close up shop and give up. I have worked three and four jobs to survive and now I just feel like walking away from it all.
Now he has had time to come to terms with what happened, however, Mr Robinson told The Royal Gazette he will not be shutting up shop after all.
This is my passion. Last week, I was totally distraught but I will regroup and stay open, he said. Ive had great support from my family and friends and they have all told me not to let this beat me down.
He said he has been semi-open since the robbery and should be able to open full-time again on Monday. He declined to comment on what financial impact the crime had on his business other than saying: I have taken a hit.
A police spokesman said: The investigation into the robbery at Link to Link jewellery store that occurred around 11am Wednesday, December 5, 2012 is ongoing.
Detectives continue to appeal for persons that may have been in the Flatts, North Shore Road, Smiths parish area around 10.45am Wednesday, December 5 and saw any suspicious activity or anyone with any information regarding this robbery to contact the St Georges Criminal Investigation Unit on 293-2222 or the independent and confidential Crime Stoppers hotline on 800-8477.
Act of kindness born out of tragedy
Bean wins PLP leadership vote
Electricity restoration encounters obstacles
Dress for your shape
Union boss repeats warning over job cuts
Belco to dedicate some crews to ‘Fay 1500’
Take Our Poll