A perfect time to fight the flab
Nothing to do in Bermuda?
By Claire Hattie
Happy New Year!
I hope you all had lovely NYE celebrations and that 2013 has treated you well so far. This time of year can be fairly quiet but, never fear, there is still plenty to do in Bermuda:
* Promising the best in local entertainment, The Chewstick Foundation presents The Story of Chewstick 10th Anniversary Musical on Saturday. This fundraising event will be at the Ruth Seaton James Centre for the Performing Arts and begins with an opening reception from 7pm, followed by the musical at 8pm. Tickets are $30 for general admission, $100 for patrons and $15 for students and are available at the The Chewstick Foundation, Kit & Caboodle or online at www.ptix.bm. Proceeds will benefit The Chewstick Foundations youth programmes, and community initiatives. For more information, see www.chewstick.org or call 292-2439.
* Want to burn off a little of that post-holiday flab? The Fairmont to Fairmont Road Race is Sunday. The adult race will begin at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess at 9am and will end at the Fairmont Southampton a route of 7.2 miles. The 3K junior race will begin at Heron Bay MarketPlace at 8.30am. Registration is available until 5pm tomorrow. There are a variety of prizes in different categories and age groups and other incentives include several prize draws and a weekend stay at The Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston. Number pickup will be on Saturday between noon and 2pm at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess. Late entries will be accepted on Saturday but none will be allowed on race day. For more details, please see www.racedayworld.com or contact race directors Sangeeta Wagh (331-2826 or email@example.com) or Mairi Redmond (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Unleash the power of your own healing hands at the Celtic Sisters reiki 1 certification course on Sunday, January 13. From 2pm until 6pm at My Sereni-Tea on Reid Street, this class will show the reiki student to facilitate both self-healings and healings of others. There is some reading required prior to the class and you are asked to bring water and snacks. The cost of the course is $200 and attendees will receive a certificate upon completion. For more information, or to register, contact email@example.com or 296-2114.
* If your New Years resolutions for 2013 include managing stress and finding inner peace, Celtic Sisters inner sanctuary meditation course could be a great starting point. This four-week course will be at My Sereni-Tea on Thursday evenings from 6.30pm until 8.30pm, starting January 17. The classes will contain an even mix of lecture, discussion, process work and meditation. The cost is $275, which includes all course materials, and attendees will receive a certificate from Delphi University upon completion. Class size is limited. Register by contacting 296-2114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If youre interested in the aforementioned reiki and meditation courses, then you might want to explore other alternative therapies and lifestyles at an holistic fair on Saturday, January 19. From 10am until 5pm at My Sereni-Tea, you can enjoy free mini-sessions, complimentary teas, prizes, discounts and more. For more information, or to register, contact email@example.com or 296-2114.
For full events listings and flyers, please visit www.NothingtodoinBermuda.com. The above is abbreviated content from that site.
Woman wins review of work application
Bermudians witness Spanish terror attack
Thomas found guilty of manslaughter
Scholarship created in memory of Dennikia
Support network set up for gay people
Crewless ships on the horizon
Brown: 500 lobster licences available
Disabled people forgotten, claims mother
Police arrest two men as firearm is seized
Wilks is best school speaker in world
Foggo sinks teeth into new Cabinet role
Travel app vision becomes reality in Bermuda
Gert passes to Bermuda’s northwest
An old soldier’s final campaign
Student saves feathers for sensory tools
Take Our Poll
- What was the biggest shock of Election 17?
- PLP 24 OBA 12
- Famous over Richards
- Lister's 'miracle' against Sousa
- Peets running Dunkley close
- Cox's 41 votes in C14
- Total Votes: 5504
- Poll Archive