Fire-hit family spent Christmas together at repaired home
Ten months after a fire gutted their Tills Hill residence, a grateful family was happy to spend the holidays back home again.
That was my Christmas present, and the girls as well, said Court Street resident Andrene Bean, speaking of daughters Allanna, Tiffany and Maya. I told them, This is your Christmas gift, and we just enjoyed being back home.
The smell of smoke is gone, she added: You would never realise there was a fire; they did a good job fixing the place.
The Island rallied to assist after the March 1 blaze tore through the home and destroyed the familys possessions.
Neighbours, police and companies donated food, furniture and clothing.
I get calls now and then from people checking up on us, Ms Bean added.
The family isnt completely out of the woods yet: minor repairs remain to the lower level of the home. But the bulk of the job was taken care of taken care of by the years end.
Said Ms Bean: Were doing good. Right now biggest concern is getting as much work done as I can and saving money, to get my daughter off to school.
Ms Beans daughter Allanna, graduates from high school in a few months and is to attend Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island.
Boaz Island crumbles as fees are unpaid
Lottery would be a ‘tax on poor’
From spell in prison to model professional
Bermudians cheat death in terror attack
Innovative ways to fighting the flab
Tee talks of terror attack impact
Lack of the Black Stuff
Community mourns Gombey stars
Woman wins review of work application
Thomas found guilty of manslaughter
Scholarship created in memory of Dennikia
Support network set up for gay people
Crewless ships on the horizon
Brown: 500 lobster licences available
Sandys man denies Cup Match fight
Take Our Poll
- What was the biggest shock of Election 17?
- PLP 24 OBA 12
- Famous over Richards
- Lister's 'miracle' against Sousa
- Peets running Dunkley close
- Cox's 41 votes in C14
- Total Votes: 5504
- Poll Archive