Fire at laundromat
Fire trucks raced to the Bermuda Commercial Laundromat in Warwick yesterday afternoon after smoke was seen billowing from the building.
The exact cause of the fire has yet to be determined, but it is believed it began in one of the business driers.
The Ord Road building was reportedly empty when the fire began at around 2pm, and there were no reported injuries.
The fire was limited to a single room, but the building reportedly suffered as much as $10,000 of smoke damage in the blaze.
A spokesman for the Bermuda Fire Service said that two fire engines were sent to the scene after they heard reports of the strong smell of smoke, and later smoke coming out of the building.
Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control and extinguished the blaze.
Parents’ shock at ‘antiquated system’
Student’s heartfelt thank you
A faith that grew despite family trauma
Police officer acquittal upheld
Bermuda glitch almost ended mission
Our Clearwater Eagles made us feel loved
White Hill’s new beautiful bins
Take Our Poll