What good did term limits do anyway?
February 14, 2013
I wish people would pump their brakes for a minute and relax over this abolishment of term limit fiasco. Yes, OBA struck them down, but the new implementations they are putting and want to enforce actually will make it harder for non-Bermudians to stay here or be cross-trained etc (if done properly). Furthermore, even under the PLPs term limit policy, Bermudians still were overlooked. So what good did they really do - none!
I can also personally attest that the REAL problem with Bermudians getting hired for jobs are these:
1. Bermudians have the crabs in a bucket syndrome, whereby you can gladly climb over your neighbour, but not over me. Bermudians can be some seriously jealous and spiteful people. They spread rumours and block fellow Bermudian advancement and just make us look like a bunch of squabble geese to employers, especially exempt companies. Why hire a bunch of people who have no cohesion and cannot work together? Bermudians need to learn to help each other if they want to earn top jobs.
2. Bermudians ally themselves with top hiring foreigners and again the same thing as point one occurs, instead now they use the foreigners to do their dirty work to destroy a fellow Bermudians career.
This is the real issue here in Bermuda. Bermudians are spoiled brats by nature. We have had it so easy for decades compared to the rest of the world, even compared to the USA. Bermudians have never had to compete. Things have always been given to them.
Bermudians need to take that silver spoon out of their mouths and learn to dig with it to the top. This is sadly also why Bermudians have a bad stereotype to being lazy.
STOP pointing fingers at others because when you point at another, four of your fingers are pointing right back at you.
PLP should learn that lesson too. Marc Bean said under his leadership the PLP would not simply attack everything OBA does, yet that is ALL they have done.
People also need to keep in their minds that the reason OBA may have to do things that may not be well-liked now is solely because of the total blundering of PLP government. Its called tough love. Suck it up. People allowed the PLP to create such a total mess for 14 years, do not cry now that things are tough. You voted for them. You caused it. Deal with it.
Robert Davies Jr
Dancers bring glamour to new nightclub
Serial thief sent to prison
Baron hits back at ‘negative’ Daniels
Getting creative at Christmas
Dangerous Par-la-Ville Road crossing moved
Man in court for smashing bathroom sink
Take Our Poll
- Which of the following best describes your opinion on how Senior Civil Servant job positions should be granted?
- Senior civil servants should be appointed on a temporary contract renewable basis.
- Senior civil servants should continue to be appointed on a permanent basis
- Don't Know
- Total Votes: 2155
- Poll Archive