Visiting students in fundraiser for international campaign
Bermuda has taken part in an international campaign to eradicate violence against women with a presentation at City Hall.
Visiting Class Afloat students from the tall ship SS Sørlandet — which is currently in Bermuda as part of a nine-month educational voyage — presented a benefit reading from the book ‘A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and a Prayer’ this afternoon. The presentation was organised by the Bermuda branch of V-Day, s a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls that raises funds and awareness through benefit productions of artistic works.
Funds raised from the event will go to the local charity the Centre Against Abuse.
V Day Bermuda is a local effort within the worldwide context of the 2014 V-Day Campaign. For more information about: V-Day: www.v-day.org
The Centre Against Abuse: www.centreagainstabuse.bm
Walton Brown funeral
Road death: daughter seeks closure
Return on AC35 not adding up, says Riley
TN Tatem meeting called off through apathy
Bo Bo was our Firefighter hero No 91
Remote working trend gathers pace
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive