Mentor Wynn to speak at schools
Author and motivational speaker Mychal Wynn is set to visit the Island this week to speak to senior students at the Berkeley Institute and CedarBridge Academy.
The Georgia-based speaker is set to meet with CedarBridge students tomorrow morning, and visit students at the Berkeley Institute on Wednesday and Thursday in presentations organised by the Youth Male Mentor Programme.
Mr Wynn, who launched Rising Sun Publishing with his wife Nina, has spoken to students throughout the United States about fulfilling their educational dreams.
A spokesman for the Youth Male Mentor Programme said: “Thousands of young people and their families have been inspired to achieve their educational dreams. Students are challenged and inspired to take ownership of their own learning and to believe in their own potential. Mychal Wynn is a living testament of his belief, ‘where you come from does not determine where you are going, only where you begin’.”
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive