Butterfield hits new high
Butterfield Bank shares hit a new 52-week high, rising $1.25, or 2.5 per cent, to $50,75 after 13,500 traded on The Royal Gazette/BSX Index.
On the New York Stock Exchange the bank’s shares were up 48 cents, or 0.94 per cent, at $51.71.
Meanwhile, on the local exchange shares of HSBC Holdings fell 55 cents, or 5.67 per cent, to $9.15 after 180 were exchanged. There was also trading in 1,120 shares of Somers Ltd, but with no change to the closing price of $16.25.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index was up 56.22 points, or 1.99 per cent, at 2,875.05, while the BSX Insurance Index fell 0.8 of a point, or 0.04 per cent, to 1,853.69.
Burt blasts OBA pessimism
Wells heads Bermuda to famous victory
Boat driver ‘not convicted’ of causing death
Wells rises to the occasion
Proud day in London as Duffy gets OBE medal
OBA wants action on ‘flatlining economy’
Borrowing money to pay for borrowing money
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive