BSX daily trade report
Butterfield shares slide 1.4%
Shares of Butterfield Bank dipped 1.4 per cent in Bermuda Stock Exchange trading.
The bank fell 75 cents to close on $51.50 on the trading of 1,470 shares. Butterfield’s US-listed shares gained 46 cents, or 0.9 per cent, to close on $51.36 in New York.
Ascendant Group, parent company of power utility Belco, was the most actively traded stock. Ascendant was unchanged on $17 as 4,233 shares changed hands.
Somers Ltd, the financial-services holding company that owns Bermuda Commercial Bank, closed unchanged on $16, as 244 shares traded.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index fell 33.73 points, or 1.15 per cent, to close on 2,901.33.
Trading volume was 5,937 shares, while turnover totalled $151,165.23.
The BSX Insurance Index fell 5.64 points, or 0.38 per cent, to close on 1,493.91.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive