Butterfield down 12% on BSX
Butterfield Bank shares fell $4.80, or 12 per cent, to $35.20 after 870 traded on The Royal Gazette/BSX Index.
BF&M Ltd improved by 35 cents, or 2.2 per cent, to $16.40 after 423 shares were exchanged, while HSBC Holdings Plc fell 15 cents, or 1.76 per cent, to $8.25 after 1,261 shares traded.
There was also trading in 360 shares of Ascendant Group Limited, but with no change to the closing price of $17.
The Royal Gazette/BSX Index was down 213.2 points, or 9.02 per cent, at 2,150.8. The BSX Insurance Index was down 13.56 points, or 0.87 per cent at 1,553.26.
Burt lashes out after Butterfield job losses
Mothers decry children riding motorcycles
A model experience
Licensed venues questioned on event flyers
Customers bemused to find Rosebank closed
Inmate says Wolffe confessed to robbery
Local lionfish grow faster and larger
‘Giant who is gone too soon’
Lawyers clash over Brown patient files
Parents ‘could strike’ over TN Tatem plan
Robbins stars as robot on Netflix
Docksider bar beefs up security
Unlicensed drink-driver nabbed back-to-back
Pancakes and pyjamas for breakfast
App to show electric vehicle renters around
Take Our Poll
- "What is your view of finance minister Curtis Dickinson's first Budget?"
- Sensible, balanced approach with no new taxes
- Disappointing, with lack of public spending cuts
- Ignores serious long-term debt, healthcare and pension issues
- Tax increases were unnecessary as the Government needs no more money
- Total Votes: 4209
- Poll Archive