Bascome to face Filipino in Dockyard
Nikki Bascome is set to face Filipino Alvin Lagumbay at the Victualling Yard in Dockyard, Somerset, on June 29.
It will be Bascome’s first outing since claiming the IBA International Welterweight Championship after beating Mexican David Martínez by a unanimous decision at the Fairmont Southampton hotel last November.
Southpaw Lagumbay has fought at welterweight and super lightweight and has won ten and drawn one of his 15 professional bouts,
The 23-year-old lost against Armenian Gor Yeritsyan by a technical knockout for the vacant WBO Youth Welterweight title in his previous match in Kazan, Russia, last December.
Bascome has won eight of his nine bouts, his only defeat coming against Portuguese Fábio Costa at the Fairmont Southampton in November 2017.
Government boat believed to be sunk
Two sides argue over magistrate’s evidence
Lawyer relives search for family in Bahamas
Mentally ill man detained in hospital
Joint store as jewellery businesses combine
Regiment ready to help Cayman Islands
Marilyn’s writing debut
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive