Man charged with gun offences
A 33-year-old St George’s man accused of possessing a firearm and ammunition was this morning remanded in custody.
Dion Cholmondeley was charged in Magistrates’ Court with possession of a Glock 9mm handgun and four rounds of 9mm calibre ammunition without a licence in Warwick on August 15.
He was not required to enter pleas because the charges are indictable and must be heard in Supreme Court.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo remanded Mr Cholmondeley, represented by lawyer Charles Richardson, in custody until the October 2 arraignment session.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding criminal court cases. This is to prevent any statements being published that may jeopardise the outcome of that case.
Houllier bound for Bermuda
Career transition service set up
Trott cannot save West Ham
Naked man on North Shore Road
Burt dismisses ‘imaginative’ New York trip
Insider: fire response inadequate
BTA says minister used out-of-date report
More dead fish washed up on South Shore
Jose brings strong winds and risk of thunder
Audit reveals BTA failures, says Simmons
Visiting economists forecast global moves
Take Our Poll
- What will be the best way to create needed new jobs?
- Attract more international companies
- Grow the population
- Reduce the number of non-Bermudian workers
- Develop new business sectors other than international business and tourism
- Retrain the workforce
- Total Votes: 5529
- Poll Archive