Three-year driving ban for motorcyclist
A motorcyclist was banned from driving for three years and fined $3,100 after he led police on a dangerous high-speed chase.
John Glasgow was flagged down by officers in Southampton on September 28 last year after he was caught travelling at 57km/h.
Glasgow stopped when asked but after he was told to pull over to the side of the road, the 35-year-old sped off forcing one officer to jump out of the way.
Police chased Glasgow but abandoned the pursuit because of Glasgow’s dangerous driving.
Glasgow, from Warwick, admitted speeding, failing to stop, dangerous driving and driving while disqualified when he appeared at Magistrates’ Court last Thursday.
He apologised for his actions and admitted that he was banned from driving at the time of the offences.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Tennis pro denied posts by overseas coaches
Woman, 64, fights off two handbag snatchers
The secret to 68 years of happy marriage
Ashley’s Lemonade proves a hit in Hamilton
HSBC introduce chip and pin debit cards
Defendant told police he did not see boat
Your money’s not good here – locals only
Builders eye pay rates for trades
Belco ordered to pay back solar users
Caddy Shack Grill opens at Fun Golf
Jones refuses to walk after first-ball duck
Experts: we face hard choices on pensions
Cryptominers dig deeper as bitcoin sinks
Take Our Poll
- "Cup Match 2018 is in the record books. Who is your favourite for MVP?"
- Onias Bascome (StG)
- Chris Douglas (SCC)
- Terryn Fray (SCC)
- Stephen Outerbridge (SCC)
- Dion Stovell (SCC
- Total Votes: 1869
- Poll Archive