Police officer denies unlawful wounding
A police officer pleaded not guilty to a charge of unlawful wounding on Friday.
Oswin Pereira, 39, from Smith’s, pleaded not guilty in Magistrates’ Court to unlawfully wounding Talundae Grant in Southampton on May 13, 2017.
Mr Pereira elected to have the case tried in Magistrates’ Court. Magistrate Tyrone Chin released Mr Pereira on $2,000 bail for a further appearance on February 26.
Mr Pereira was also ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim.
• It is /The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding criminal court cases. This is to prevent any statements being published that may jeopardise the outcome of that case.
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Six achieve CFA charter status
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
PartnerRe marks 25 years in Bermuda
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive