Lawyer has careless driving charge dropped
A careless driving charge against lawyer Charles Richardson was dismissed by a magistrate yesterday because of lack of evidence.
A further charge of failing to give a breath sample was dropped by prosecutors.
Mr Richardson said afterwards: “I always took the view that another person probably would not have been pursued as diligently as I was.”
Mr Richardson, 46, was accused of driving a car without due care and attention after driving into a wall at Government House on North Shore Road at about 2am on November 26, 2016.
He told the court at an earlier appearance that he had been “harassed because of who I am” and pleaded not guilty to both charges.
Mr Richardson, who represented himself in court, said that there were no grounds for the charges. He was released on bail for a further appearance at Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo dismissed the careless driving charge on the grounds that there was insufficient evidence to support it.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Windrush-style warning for Bermuda
Confronting the issue
Choice of Hargun as Chief Justice defended
Duffy calls for triathlon ‘wall of noise’
Triathlon trial run to close roads tomorrow
Wells vows to make improvements
Take Our Poll