Family Centre’s Dismont suffers break-in

Make text smaller Make text larger


A 38-year-old man who admitted breaking into the home of a charity’s founder was ordered yesterday to appear at the drug treatment court.

Magistrates’ Court heard that Jahmeco Blakeney, from Pembroke, broke into the home of Martha Dismont, founder and executive director of Family Centre.

He stole cheques, jewellery, an envelope containing cash and other items.

Blakeney was later seen in the car park at the Brightside Guest Apartments in Flatts Village.

The property manager told police that he had been given a cheque by Blakeney for $600 that appeared to have been signed by Ms Dismont.

Officers searched Blakeney’s room and found the stolen items.

Blakeney told police after his arrest that he had broken into Ms Dismont’s home looking for food.

He admitted to stealing the items and to cashing a cheque for $300. The break-in happened on March 27.

Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo bailed Blakeney to appear in Drug Treatment Court.

Mr Tokunbo ordered a social inquiry and a drug assessment report and banned Blakeney from having any contact with Ms Dismont.

It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.

  • Take Our Poll

    Today's Obituaries