Man charged over child pornography
A 25-year-old man was charged with the creation and distribution of child pornography yesterday.
The man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was also accused of seven counts of extortion.
The 16 offences are alleged to have happened between December 2013 and July 2015.
The man, from St George’s, was not required to enter a plea at Magistrates’ Court as the case must be tried in the Supreme Court.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo released the man on $10,000 bail with the condition that he avoids contact with all seven complainants.
The case was adjourned to the October sitting of the Supreme Court.
Burt blasts OBA pessimism
Wells heads Bermuda to famous victory
Boat driver ‘not convicted’ of causing death
Wells rises to the occasion
Proud day in London as Duffy gets OBE medal
OBA wants action on ‘flatlining economy’
Borrowing money to pay for borrowing money
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive