Cruise passenger fined for drugs possession
A cruise ship passenger caught with cocaine was fined $2,500 fine in Magistrates’ Court.
The court heard that Daniel Trujillo, 32, was stopped by customs officers at Heritage Wharf last Thursday.
The court heard that officers searched the Rockaway, New Jersey resident and found a cigarette packet in a fanny pack.
Two green, self-sealing bags with a total of 0.14g of cocaine inside were hidden in the packet.
Trujillo was released on police bail and told to return to the police station on Monday.
However, he refused to leave the Norwegian Escape when it was due to depart last Friday.
He was taken from the ship by police and held in custody over the weekend.
On Monday, Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo fined Trujillo $2,500 and warned him he had to pay up before he left the island.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Judge turns back businessman’s challenge
Island faltering on energy, says expert
Finance takes control of the gaming industry
Woman caught at airport with cocaine
Thieves target boats on Foot of the Lane
Scott backs independence of BTA
Supergirl from Quebec
Veteran pays tribute to Royal Marines
Dame Jennifer reiterates independence call
Bill to give tourism minister grip on BTA
Not all that glitters is gold
Motorists in Causeway punch-up after crash
Police identify man found dead
‘Mr Amazing Man’ defies the odds
Prince of Wales donates art to Masterworks
Police called to reported disturbance
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive