Ban for sitting on bike while over limit
A 19-year-old man was banned for 18 months yesterday after he was caught sitting on a running motorbike while over the legal alcohol limit.
Magistrates’ Court heard that Alexander Cox, from Devonshire, was approached by police while he sat on his parked motorcycle on Front Street at about 1.45am on August 1.
The ignition and lights were on.
Police said Cox’s eyes were glazed, his speech was slurred and he was unsteady on his feet.
Cox told police when questioned that he had drank “two beers at a friend’s”.
A later breath test showed 134 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood — the legal limit is 80/100.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo also fined Cox $1,200.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Dame Jennifer reiterates independence call
Bill to give tourism minister grip on BTA
Not all that glitters is gold
Motorists in Causeway punch-up after crash
Police identify man found dead in home
‘Mr Amazing Man’ defies the odds
Prince of Wales donates art to Masterworks
Police called to reported disturbance
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive