Man charged with sexual assault in West End
A 36-year-old man charged in connection with an alleged sex assault in the West End this month was granted bail yesterday.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged in Magistrates’ Court with sexual assault causing bodily harm and trespassing with intent to commit a sexual assault.
The alleged incident took place on September 6.
The man was not required to enter a plea as the matter must be heard in Supreme Court.
He was ordered to have no contact with the alleged victim and report to the Hamilton police station on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The man was also ordered to be fitted with an electronic monitoring device.
He is scheduled to return to court for arraignment on October 1.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Six achieve CFA charter status
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
PartnerRe marks 25 years in Bermuda
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive