Guest worker denies sex attack
A 46-year-old guest worker has denied an allegation that he sexually assaulted a woman in St George’s.
The man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, denied the charge on July 21 in Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo released the defendant on $5,000 bail on the condition that he avoid all contact with the complainant.
He is set to return to the court on October 5.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Tax ‘status quo’ not an option
Richards: PLP’s hand to be forced on status
Six achieve CFA charter status
Lambe: Losing captaincy hurt
City looking to set up free wi-fi zones
Opposition warning over politics in BTA
PartnerRe marks 25 years in Bermuda
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive