Woman accused of meat cleaver threat
A woman has been accused of threatening another woman with a meat cleaver after breaking into her home.
Keuna Richardson, 27, was charged with trespass at Renée Dill’s Paget apartment with the intention of causing bodily harm, Magistrates’ Court heard.
She was also charged with an attempt to unlawfully enter the apartment, the use of threatening words, and causing $200 worth of damage to a microwave owned by Janet Baker.
The incident is alleged to have happened on January 19.
Ms Richardson, from Smith’s, appeared in court on Thursday. She was not required to enter a plea because the case must be heard in Supreme Court.
Senior magistrate Juan Wolffe adjourned the case until July 1 and released the defendant on $2,500 bail. He ordered Ms Richardson to have no contact with the alleged victims and to stay away from the apartment.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Government boat believed to be sunk
Two sides argue over magistrate’s evidence
Lawyer relives search for family in Bahamas
Mentally ill man detained in hospital
Joint store as jewellery businesses combine
Regiment ready to help Cayman Islands
Marilyn’s writing debut
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive