Motorist banned for 18 months


A Southampton man has been banned from the roads for 18 months after crashing his car while impaired.

Magistrates’ Court heard that Perry Jones, 46, swerved into the opposite lane on Middle Road, Paget, on April 10, where he collided with another car and hit a wall.

Police officers arrived and questioned Jones, who said he had “blacked out”.

Asked if he had been drinking, Jones told them: “I had about three Elephants earlier but not much.”

He was arrested on suspicion of impaired driving.

Jones pleaded guilty to the offence on Wednesday and apologised to the court.

Senior magistrate Juan Wolffe fined Jones $1,000 in addition to the ban, ordering him to pay by July 12.

It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.

You must be registered or signed-in to post comment or to vote.

Published Jun 14, 2019 at 1:29 pm (Updated Jun 14, 2019 at 1:29 pm)

Motorist banned for 18 months

What you
Need to
Know
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon

  • Take Our Poll

    Today's Obituaries

    eMoo Posts