Man crashed into wall after chase
A man who led police on a car chase that ended in him crashing his car pleaded guilty to refusing a breath test.
Tyree Armstrong, 27, admitted to the charge yesterday during Magistrates’ Court.
The court heard that Armstrong overtook police on Middle Road in Devonshire while he drove at high speeds.
Police started their emergency sirens and signalled Armstrong to stop but instead he made a turn on to Montpelier Road.
Officers gave chase into Pembroke until the defendant mounted a kerb in Glebe Road and crashed his car through a wall.
They removed him from the vehicle and arrested him under suspicion of impaired driving.
Officers at the Hamilton Police Station demanded that Armstrong give a sample of breath for analysis but he refused.
The incident took place on September 21.
Magistrate Maxanne Anderson ordered Armstrong, from Devonshire, to attend DUI Court on October 8 and released him on $1,500 bail.
She also banned him from the roads for 18 months.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
D’ezir dressed for success
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive