Man broke curfew to search for brother
A man who repeatedly breached curfew was yesterday given $3,000 in fines in Magistrates’ Court.
Sergio Robinson Woolridge, 29, admitted that he left his Pembroke home after the 11pm curfew on June 12, 13 and 14 but insisted he only did so to find his brother, who he is a caregiver for.
He explained that on all three occasions he had been told his brother — who suffered brain damage in a traffic collision — had left the house.
Woolridge said: “I really apologise, but I was more concerned about bringing my brother back.”
Magistrate Maxanne Anderson said Woolridge should ask for help caring for his brother if the alternative is breaking the law.
She fined him a total of $3,000 for the breaches, but did not break down the fines for each of the individual offences.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Man, 52, killed in Warwick domestic incident
Pandemic could change Hamilton’s character
Injured soldier’s family lifted by support
Bermudian makes it home after months at sea
Live: police name stabbing victim
On the NHS Covid-19 front lines
Disgraced ministers quit Cabinet
Caines regrets ‘significant distraction’
Island opportunity as wealthy flee cities
It has come to this: no more party favours
Senior, 95, survives coronavirus
DeSilva: ‘I paid the price’ for party error
Island could be hub for cargo planes
Take Our Poll