Cyclist fighting for life after collision
A 66-year-old pedal cyclist is fighting for his life after his bicycle was in collision with a motorcycle at the weekend.
The man suffered serious head and neck injuries in the crash, while the male motorcyclist sustained leg injuries.
The collision happened on Middle Road, Devonshire near its junction with Vesey Street just before midnight on Saturday.
The injured were rushed to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, where the cyclist is “critical” in the intensive care unit.
Police said the motorcyclist, aged 46, had “non-life-threatening injuries.”
The collision was said by police to have happened when the bicycle rider joined Middle Road from Vesey Street.
Middle Road between Hermitage Road and Vesey Street was cordoned off while officers examined the scene.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive